Hades with a barcode screen

All things related to the Hades and Milan clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Hades with a barcode screen

Postby TTowner » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Turned on the Hades to start working on it and I now have just a barcode displayed on the screen. Check out the img in Professionals http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19926&p=175080#p175080
I would be greatfull for some help please.
Hades060 & 2 TT030 machines.Nova & Spektrum Graphics cards,1 Reibel network cards,1 Netusb,Slm Lazer printer, Epson GT600 flatbed, 2 SCSi to IDE interface + UltraSatan.Nakamachi 7 & 5 CD disk changers.Mega STE .[url]http://www.llill.co/5j
[/url]

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hades with a barcode screen

Postby Dal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:50 am

Aren't you tempted to take it down to a self checkout at your local supermarket and see whether it's a box of cornflakes or a flat screen TV? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:01 pm

My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Humour aside, I will be watching for when something nasty happens to your Atari's then I will rip the p*** out of you!
This is not funny at £680.00 How would you like it............. :?:
Hades060 & 2 TT030 machines.Nova & Spektrum Graphics cards,1 Reibel network cards,1 Netusb,Slm Lazer printer, Epson GT600 flatbed, 2 SCSi to IDE interface + UltraSatan.Nakamachi 7 & 5 CD disk changers.Mega STE .[url]http://www.llill.co/5j
[/url]

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:45 pm

TTowner wrote:Humour aside, I will be watching for when something nasty happens to your Atari's then I will rip the p*** out of you!

Hey we've all had our fair share of expensive breakdowns - I've had too many to mention, but the one that really sticks in my mind is £1000 worth of Fender Stratocaster dropped at a gig (not insured either) - snapped neck and as you can well imagine, a nasty repair bill. Unlike electronics, a guitar is never really the same again after a repair! Unlike guitars, electronic equipment can more often than not be repaired to their former glory. Simbo's initial diagnosis looks positive - so fingers crossed for you.

On a personal note, I certainly don't want to cause any offence to a fellow Atari enthusiast that's not what I'm about so please don't take it personally.
I apologise publicly and unequivocally for any upset my comments may have caused to you and hope we can continue to support each other - there are not many 'Atarians' left without the few remaining holding petty grudges, eh? - That's just self defeating.

Not being one to shy away from public humility (again too many incidents to mention :oops: ) Feel free to have a giggle at my misfortunes - There'll be a few on here. I'm pretty immune to it and find that standing back and laughing at a problem is often the first step in overcoming it (clears my mind of all those "ohhhhhh s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t,!" thoughts).... Well works for me anyhow.

Also I have just invested in a Falcon with a CT60 - If I blow it into oblivion, then I will be sure to pm you a satisfying picture of it while it's still smoking away, deal? :D

Can we shake virtual hands and move on?
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:10 am

I don't want to appear offish, so I will not be making an issue of this, twas not my intention.
It is unfortunate that this Hades is sick.
Having someone make a joke of it does hurt. But I have to appreciate that I am the one with a Hades, something Working or not Its still a machine to be admired. :D
[/url]

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:17 am

TTowner wrote:I don't want to appear offish, so I will not be making an issue of this, twas not my intention.
It is unfortunate that this Hades is sick.
Having someone make a joke of it does hurt. But I have to appreciate that I am the one with a Hades, something Working or not Its still a machine to be admired. :D

Very true!

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:47 am

TTowner wrote:Humour aside, I will be watching for when something nasty happens to your Atari's then I will rip the p*** out of you!

Don't have to look too far.... here's mine Atari not working.... have a stab at it.
It's my £500 bird. :|
And to add to the soreness, I had a bad time soldering 2 resistors....
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

ovni73
Atarian
Atarian

Postby ovni73 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:50 am

Hello All.
This is an old topic but I just found it while searching for other informations.
I had this issue several times in the past amongst other ones with my hades.
I always solved them, including the barcode one, by removing (carefully) ALL the removable components : CPU, RAM, ROM, PICs, Clock ..., and spreading an air propelled product named 'KF contact'. The I put the components back in their support and it's Ok. Replug the video card too.

Until the last one where the kf was not solving it.
This time I decided to replace the poor plastic screws that maintain the motherboard with metal ones.
Now the MB is firmly fixed and the systems works perfectly. I keep my fingers crossed anyway.

I read somewhere that the Hades MB was manufactured using a cold soldering method that could lead to these issues.

Regards.

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks for the tip m8. I will give anything a try so long as it is reasonable to do.
[/url]

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 pm

I noted that on Facebook Tony noted that this problem has not been fixed.

I plugged my TT together, which has been out of action for a couple of years, and I have had a similar 'barcode' problem, with red and white lines running down the display.
- I discovered, it was a loose ST-Ram board, and I have ordered some electrical contact spray cleaner from eBay, and plan to remove parts, clean the contacts (remove oxidation) and put it back together.

I ordered the following cleaner, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272435588800 and it might work for you?
- If your lucky, it could just be some oxidised contacts, and might be very easy to start with trying this fix? Take parts off, clean the contacts, and re-assemble?
My company website http://www.thebigconsultant.com[/i][/color]

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:39 pm

If anyone can keep this topic alive until i get the Hades working again. Please keep the suggestions coming.
[/url]

Social Media

Return to “Hades / Milan”