Looking for UK tos for Hades.

All things related to the Hades and Milan clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Looking for UK tos for Hades.

Postby TTowner » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Anyone here in the UK got An English Tos Hades? I would like to get a copy of the UK roms for the Hades.
Also looking for spacific Hades software & a copy of the English manual, I haven't a clue what there might be so. I would be greatfull for any !
Thank you.
Hades060 & 2 TT030 machines.Nova & Spektrum Graphics cards,1 Reibel network cards,1 Netusb,Slm Lazer printer, Epson GT600 flatbed, 2 SCSi to IDE interface + UltraSatan.Nakamachi 7 & 5 CD disk changers.Mega STE .[url]http://www.llill.co/5j
[/url]

ENLIGHTENMENT
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Looking for UK tos for Hades.

Postby ENLIGHTENMENT » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:25 am

I have the system disks that were supplied with my Hades that I used to own before some fool stole it from my office years ago.

I think the ROM images might be on them. I'll dig them out and see what's on them if you like?

Regards,

Paul
Falcon030 with CT63 - C-LAB Falcon MKX - Jaguar c/w Multimedia CD

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:12 am

I think mine has the UK roms, but I don't have copies of them. The disk I did get with mine only had some special version of NVDI on it for the Rage PRO video card. Which I sold so I don't even have that disk anymore.

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:58 pm

If there is any way to copy the english roms I would be eternaly greatfull. Any software you may have & would share, also would be very usefull. Can we get together sometime and discuss?
Long shot I know, but an english manual for the machine.If not then a translated German manual would do.

Has either of you managed to install a network card successfully & how did you do it?
Hades060 & 2 TT030 machines.Nova & Spektrum Graphics cards,1 Reibel network cards,1 Netusb,Slm Lazer printer, Epson GT600 flatbed, 2 SCSi to IDE interface + UltraSatan.Nakamachi 7 & 5 CD disk changers.Mega STE .[url]http://www.llill.co/5j
[/url]

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:32 am

Regarding network cards: http://dev-docs.atariforge.org/files/hadesfaq.hyp
I documented my network setup in that HYP, and it's MiNT related. :wink:

As for the ROMs, not sure what good a copy is unless you are going to try and flash your own? Mine are serialized actually. You maybe have to contact Fredi at Medusa for new roms. I never got a manual, even though I bought the machine directly from Fredi. All I got as far as documentation is a PC board layout since I requested to assemble it myself. :)

Software-wise, I only use 1 file from Fredi, the FPU patch. All the rest I tossed and everything I use is available on the internet. The only software I am aware of, that is aimed at the Hades is the archive on Medusa web site.

There is a version of magic for the hades, (assuming you can even find it) and likely will give you nothing but headaches if you peruse the network card anyway.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Reply to TTowner (PM):

I can probably copy the roms, although I don't know whats required to dump them to a file. I can't lend out the roms, cause there's no way I'd ever yank them, too risky. Especially, since you just told me Fredi can't help you. 8O

Yes, I have a network card, as I stated previously see the HYP, as it explains the setup with MiNT-Net. You need the PC Bios in the auto folder, and the correct type of network card.

See link -> http://kunden.wvnet.at/fichti/pcibios.htm

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:34 am

Got any more news on English Tos please?
[/url]

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:14 am

My suggestion would be to contact Fredi again and request that he send you the relevant files so you can program your own set. That's the least he could do if he refuses to supply the actual chips anymore. Or better still just make it available on his site since the machine is out of production. Might be technically illegal for him to do that, but he could supply the files privately if you agree not to distribute it.

Again, I don't know what is required to dump them correctly. All I can do is dump the TOS as one big file, assuming I had some tool to do it, and I don't, since its a working/running machine. However, the TOS is actually spread across 4 chips.

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 pm

I would like to thank all for the effort and information about UK tos for my Hades. Today, I received the file I need from Fredie. Who I admire and am happy to know.
Now. I must sort how to make the roms from it.
I have 4 eproms from a TT german Tos to use.Are these ok to use?

Help is needed now to complete the surgery on the patient.
I have an eprom burner. I need some guidance on how to complete the task.
Can someone assist me please?
[/url]

[ProToS]

Postby [ProToS] » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 pm

perhaps you will need that to sort out the hades tos img on 4 eprom

Code: Select all

Betriebssystem
Als Betriebssystem ist ein angepasstes TOS 3.06 serienmässig auf dem
Hades Board. Das Betriebssystem befindet sich in 4 EPROMs.
Beim Aufstarten sucht das Betriebssystem nach einer ET4000
Grafikkarte. Zuerst auf dem PCI-Bus und nachher auf dem ISA-Bus. Wurde
eine ET4000 Grafikkarte erkannt, so werden auf dieser die Ausgaben
beim Hochfahren ausgegeben.

UU    Upper       Offset +0  high byt D31-D24
MU      Middle Upper    Offset +1  middle upper D23-D16
ML      Middle Lower    Offset +2  middle lower D15-D8
LL      Lower           Offset +3  low byt D7-D0

SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Thank you all for you're help. One more thing, of many no doubt. anyone got the app for the config of the pci? pcicnf.
[/url]

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Don't need that. Only need -> http://kunden.wvnet.at/fichti/pcibios.htm
I use an ethernet and soundblaster with only the PCI bios installed.

simbo

Postby simbo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:28 pm

ive done this and sent them lets hope all is well i used 120ns eproms 27C010
and burned as TT roms exactly the same starting byte on split files
i think the word offset in the text above is ment to mean 8 bits up

in TT split 306 to 4 files you get
as byte 1
L0 L1 H0 H1
60 2e 03 06

and hades image split :o
byte 1

T0 T1 T2 T3
60 2e 03 06
L0 L1 H0 H1

watch out for uu mh ml ll above

ll is file 4 after you split it and
uu is file 1
{so make sure correct ordering }

first 8 bytes of file image {512k one}

are
60 2e 03 06 00 e0 30 00 .....
uu mu ml ll uu mu ml ll ...
+0 +1 +2 +3 +0 +1 +2 +3 ....

:contract: so the alligment is correct :mrgreen: and the same as the TT030 rom setup but upside down :coffe:

just for referance... if someone needs them bad...
and reads too much into the use of the offset as a word in the text above
ps... dont ask me for the file :|

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 am

To all on this thread, please accept my grattitude for your assistance with this.
[/url]

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:50 pm

It would appear the Tos roms for the Hades will now not be made by Simbo. So, I am asking for someone else to assist.
I have the Img file but need someone with Eprom programming skills & knowledge of the Hades Tos to take this up.
[/url]

simbo

Postby simbo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 pm

if you want the headache of helping ttowner
you need to use 90ns eproms and a normal split {same as TT030}
that is... if you do have the patence to deal with ttowner :roll:
he is a bit cranky :? ... and doesnt appear to be able to read :mrgreen:

simbo

Re: tips where ordering eproms for any machine's

Postby simbo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:36 am

if you have a wierd retro rebuild machine like the madusa's
then ALWAYS before asking for eproms do like the person asked
and peel off the label from one ic
to get the chips spec

a number like 27C010-90 is a 90ns eprom
madusa hades uses these ic's or it 'maybe' uses 100ns
was the answer i got from the maker
after tony refused point blank to peel off one label from one ic

so i had to scour the net looking for any info
as the guy at madusa wasnt as helpfull as he could be
and only mentioned speed when i added this info i gleemed from an old site in google cashe

so leason learned
and no harm done

ive no ill feeling towards ttowner :coffe: :arrow: :contract:

TTowner
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby TTowner » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Please note the peeling of a label from the Hades rom WAS DONE and WAS given to Simbo in a messenger conversation.The mere fact he mentions that this was NOT done is a lie.If he cannot remember that this was done, I guess he has the right to comment and make it sound like my fault for not doing as he asked, when infact I DID do it. His attempt to discredit me in his text on this topic is Bulshit lies and only serves to prove that the job he undertook was beyond his capabilities. Having forgot the fact about the peeling of labels, proof offered to the contrary if anyone should want to seee this. Goes to highlight the inept job he did on instructing someone in the aquisition of information he required from a lesser knowledgeable person. To have the affront to blame that person so as to defer fault or make them feel as though they were ignorant obtrusive & THICK, as well as unco-operative is a farce. All effort was made to supply what little information I had on this subject to someone that was reccommended as the best at this sort of job.

So, when it came to my one mistake, I do admit, eproms that were reccomended to be bought by Simbo were paid for and shipped from France only to be now lost at the sorting office due to my mistake. a mistake that was a silly oversight on my part. One which I alone will have to bear the full cost of.

I will take your comments under advisement and act accordingly. Thank you for the frankness of your email.
People under pressure make mistakes. I obviously made one when I forgot to change the name on the delivery of the eproms. As this is no cost or expense to you, I would not worry about it. My loss no yours.
During the process of commisioning the eproms for the hades, I came across you.Reccomended I might add. If I have incorrectly informed you of any details to do with the process then again, I accept that my knowledge of this subject is somewhat limited & I took it that you who were reccomended would guide me properly through the process & would have..
Any problems RELATED to the eproms were caused by inacurate knowledge and a lack of understanding. What came about was that the eproms were labelled twice By Simbo and NOT as asked for by me.
When an attempt to clarify this was discussed I only had your information to follow.
It was only after the failed first and second attempt did you then send me a file to dump the Hades German tos for you to examine. One must admire your methods Simbo, thorough if not efficient and did give you reason to blame me for this mess doesn't it?
On the subject ofyou calling me a tight ass, It would interest you to know I would have taken the plastic electrical tape back off the eproms and then correctly re labelled them with only one clean new label. & you call me a tight ass.!! Yeh right! I guess the grattis German Eprommed Tos I sent comes into this category then eh?
You knew how difficult the task would be yet you now chastize me for getting things wrong. Even now you claim no information was given to you regarding the Hades Tos chip specs. Perhaps if you layed off the booze long enough you would realize that this is your error not mine as this was done and you queried it by replying," they are 120ns eproms, later as you then restated I needed 90ns or faster, What you provided was 3 100ns & 1 120 ns eproms with two sets of conflicting markings written on each chip,telling me they should work.Doing so despite instruction and pictures of the markings on the Hades rom chips being sent..Twice to you.!
Later you even contine to blame me for providing you little or no information. May I sugggest you get your facts straight and stop making things up,and to top it all you shout your mouth off that I am lacking people & knowledge skills.
You wrote below.."
i dont have time for incompetance....
even from the fat sour english....
machine collectors ....", Well, may it be suggested that you be carefull about trading insults with the people whom you poport to serve. May I also say that you are obviously a superior person when implimenting people skills. Well done. Top of the class for that comment...!

Well.That is your oppionion and you are entitled to it. You can keep it as I do not care for your tone either!
In our messenger conversations we talked about much which led to you diversifying into SD cards and CF cards. That subject had nothing to do with getting the tos roms sorted and was clouding the issue.Yet you insisted in carrying on with it despite me asking you to stop. How can I install any of the latter when the machine has mouse and Keyboard issues that are preventing normal access and use. When I tried to ask you to stop talking about it you threw your fornicating haggis at me. Now insults are being traded and nothing will get done..
Nice one Simbo.
Now I will do what I have to do with someone that has more patience and drinks less, especially when handeling a job for a client as evidenced by your comment that you were slightly pissed when you were writing the roms for the Hades.
Nice, real proffessional of you eh! Combine this with poor workmanship and incorrectly labelled items and it becomes or so you say ; "was my fault that it doesn't work".
To say that I have an attitude problem you are not wrong. Your handeling of this job and your eagerness to diagnose faults, make sugggestions about things you had not the full information about whilst in a messenger conversation, offering solutiuons to problems without indepth study. Was unwanted and completely off topic. Which is why I tried to ask you to Shut up long enough so we could get back to the topic in question & is why you now are throwing your toys out of the cot along with your haggis.
Sending this email enclosed below with your comments.
Yes attitude, yes pissed with you, yes completely agree with you about me having an attitude, & you wonder why?

To: tonyperry_4@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Re: Hades Tos haha
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:59:52 +0000

your eproms have arrived at the sorting office
and red card to me ... from the p/o
i cannot collect them becouse they are made out as posted to your name !!
as i dont have id for you
the office wont release them
i trust youll make arrangments to get them resent to you from the person who sent them to me that they will wind there way back too
it seems the relation between you and me is based on your inefficiency is tactics of both post and just how you deal with people and the reading of labels and provision of correct info your failed to accomplish
i feel your not fully intune with the world and tighter than two coats of paint
and this is the reason i wash my hands fully of people like you
im sorry if this offends you tony
but man get a life ffs and grow up!
you patronizing tight assed english ****
i dont have time for incompetance....
even from the fat sour english....
machine collectors ....
many regards
simeon webber
----- Original Message -----
To: vsmlibs@talktalk.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:32 PM
Subject: Hades Tos img enclosed

And now because I pulled you about your error you are threatening me. Not a good idea not a good idea indeeed.From: vsmlibs (vsmlibs@talktalk.net)
Sent: 06 February 2010 00:28:43
To: Tony Perry (tonyperry_4@hotmail.co.uk)

well your a sour guy for sure

if you actualy had any clue about a hades YOU would have provided the details YOU would have found out BEFORE approching me
The point was, I do not know much if anything about the Hades which is why I spent time in this thread asking for help and advice some of the responses are listed previously in this topic for all to see & use as needed.
instead of leaving it to me to scour the net for the right info
and make an 'educated guess' to know where to look

as i say next time YOU NEED TO peal off the label
and do yourself a favour BY READING THE CHIPS SPEC

afterall the labels on the chips i sent you for the TT were to the same spec as the ones on the hades roms
Yes they were, they too were red electrical tape and marked 1,2,3 & 4 respectively.No indication as to which chip was for which socket. Something you failed to mention also eh Simbo!
your split hairs about fornicating labels>????
Yes I do, when the labels and instructions for correct use were omited from any info. Info that you failed to pass on.

ffs grow up !!! tony

this is a retro machine and im not a businessman for a crude little english man to bark commands at

i would agree on one thing with you

you just havent got any clue what to do with a machine like that !!!! for sure
correct on that & I will give you this comment! but that is why I asked for help in this thread!!!
good luck
and dont email me back
or i have means to further deal with you

cya

sim
[/url]

dexterslab
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby dexterslab » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Yep I agree. Thread locked before it spills over into full scale war.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Social Media

Return to “Hades / Milan”