Problem with Hades - no picture

All things related to the Hades and Milan clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Problem with Hades - no picture

Postby Kroll » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:53 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:I am not a hardware guru so am not sure what can cause this.

I think we need to get in touch with Markus Fichtenbauer or Fredi Aschwanden to ask about this.

Does anyone have a contact address for either of these men so the question can be posed?

Yes, I have the e-mail address from Medusa website and I am in contact with Fredi, so I will ask him about it.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:29 am

Idek Tramielski wrote:Please be aware that this driver is untested and based on a couple of guesses. Feedback welcome!

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,
I am very grateful to you for your help and making for me drivers for ATI Mach64 ISA connectors, pre-tested yesesterday the late evening and at night, and I managed to get resolution which were standard in the file STA_VDI.BIB. I noticed what is a normal thing with the card on the ISA will not allow the acquisition of such resolution as PCI with appropriate refreshing, but it can already work especially for Calamus, which I bought the Complete Edition version a few months ago.
I will keep you informed about all details.

Regards
Piotr

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:25 am

Hi all,

I want to return to a problem with my Hades,unfortunately, I had to give back a video card ISA MACH 64 and in return I got older version ATI Mach 32 also on a connector ISA, but when I put it unfortunately is not at all the image on the screen, and I have a question :
Does this card is work on Hades ?

Regards
Kroll

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi

I would like to back to problem with PCI in my Hades. I send it to my friend who has Hades and we could test the exchanging of Xilinx chips in both Hades. We exchanged all three chips and plug to my Hades, but unfortunately, it does not cause any changes in Hades still black screen no initiation image.

The second test we did the opposite and here we put my three chips effect of a gain full white screen without stamps Medusa and Hades no memory test and the computer will not start, re-exchanges on good chip causes of hades works again.

Conclusion is such that this is not my chip suffers severely, but this is not the only problem because placing a good chip PCIMAIN in my hades does not have any effect (still a black screen)

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong and where it can be a problem?
Unfortunately, it is very worried, because ISA cards do not have this to be able at all to Hades work. The one that I had for several months ISA MACH64 had to give back.

I am grateful for any help in saving my Hades

Best Regards
Piotr/Kroll

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi all,

I have a question to Hades users. As I wrote my Hades is at a friend who has made the attempt to launch the PCI connector, I did not remember because it was over a year ago and he asked me if someone can help me:

1. With a good PCI connector and a suitable graphics card connected, without the hard disk drive, when I turn on computer, I should see screen with Hades and Medusa logos ?

2. To see a table with PCI and check what cards are connected, I have to run the program pcibios.prg directly from the AUTO folder, or from the floppy disk if there is no hard disk, without this table will not appear and it is different than In CTPCI connected to Atari Falcon ?

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:49 am

The hades ROM knows about some video cards and will produce a mono display with no driver. Which cards I am not sure as my Hades has been dead so long, I have forgotten such details.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi ALL

I would like to inform everyone that my colleague managed to start and repair Hades.
He is a hardware guru :)

HADES.jpg

Special thanks to Fredi, Alan, Markus, Jeff and everyone who contributed to the re-launch of Hades.

Once again Great thanks to all

Regards
Kroll / Piotr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Could you (or he) elaborate what was the problem?

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:42 pm

I talked with him this morning and he told me that they were problem at the Xillinx sockets - no connections, he also found breaks in the mainboard paths, he changed a lot of small chips etc.
There are no problem with Xillinx.
If anyone needs it, I will ask him for more details.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:38 pm

I have one board that boots to a white screen with random lines. This one ran for 10+ years and it slowly died. :(
Tried to replace it and a second hades was killed during shipping, ram sockets are broken, but even with rubber bands to hold them in place, its dead. :( :(
I would be very interested to know exactly what all was changed. Miss that machine very much.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 am

Below you will find a detailed description from him, which I translated into English :)

In fact, the cause of your troubles can be seen in the picture - a liquid was spilled on the mainboard, and he caused several paths to be cracked under this PCI slot. When washing it was green, I have no idea what it is.
In addition, the 74F280, 74F125 and 74HC123 were similarly flooded and soldered by somebody, so I replaced them all with new ones.
In conclusion, the reason for not having PCI is the interruptions that caused the following problems:
- parity check error on all slots
- ADD8 address missing on PCI1 slot
- No Target Ready signal on PCI1 slot

In addition, one pin was soldered in the socket under the XC7372 and XC7354, So I replaced all the socket under the Xyllinx.
I also decided to replace all of the 74F245 and 74F543 intermediates (simplified to be called buffers) between Xylinx and PCI and ISA connectors.

You understand that distance advice is like fortune telling. :( It is hard to say

If I understood correctly, it has a white screen with so called. The bar code (in the attachment you have what it looks like on your Hades), the reason I was looking around in the XC7372, just take the NVRAM to get such effect. Most likely it has some breaks in the area, but it is a must to find the meter. As for the RAM sockets, it can be replaced, but it's a tedious and difficult job, the plate is difficult to soldered.

He told me that, If he wants, You can send a mainboard + graphics + memory to him. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Social Media

Return to “Hades / Milan”