IPF Files to check

Post all your Kryoflux related topics in here. From questions about the hardware through to disks you've managed to image up and, probably most importantly, write back without any problems :)

Moderators: DrCoolZic, mr.vince, Moderator Team

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

IPF Files to check

Postby DrCoolZic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:29 am

Here I will put some IPF files that I generate and I would be interested in getting feedback.

I am not good at testing games. So the only thing I do is to check that the game loads correctly.
If you now the game or if you have time to test try it and let me know if it works for you.

First game is Yogi's Great Escape from Hi-Tec
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: IPF Files to check

Postby AtariZoll » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:55 am

I hope that there will be people contributing. Testing should be done with Steem SSE. And using trainer could help a lot.
So, if someone needs cheat data, please ask here for. Then will need to use Steem SSE Boiler (Debugger), so can write some bytes ..

Converting to ST and comparing with ST converted from STX would be useful too - to check regular sector contents - of course only with titles where it is possible to convert to ST .
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Since Yogi Great Escape uses 1K sectors, I made STT files based on STX (100% OK and verified until end) and this IPF file. Sector content is most likely equal, but strangely, sector order on tracks is not same.
See files in attachment.
The reason may be on many places, starting from that source is not same - best would be to make STX on some Atari beside KF, SPC image to be sure - from same original floppy. Sector order is usually irrelevant, but there are protections where it is checked.
YGESTTS.ZIP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

darwinmac
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darwinmac » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:18 am

DrCoolZic wrote:Here I will put some IPF files that I generate and I would be interested in getting feedback.

I am not good at testing games. So the only thing I do is to check that the game loads correctly.
If you now the game or if you have time to test try it and let me know if it works for you.

I am running it using the development version of Hatari that includes IPF support. I have found that I stink at this game since I have not made it past Jellystone Park (level 1) yet. However, I've made it maybe halfway through level 1 so far and I haven't seen any problems.

Unlike Rainbow Islands, this game is very dependent on hitting just the right spot with little room for error. I'm sure you'll hear other reports soon, but it appears to be working. I don't know many more blows my ego can take though. :)

If you make an IPF of EA's Zany Golf or Microdeal's (Michtron in the US) Time Bandit, I will be first in line to try it out.

Bob C

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:Here I will put some IPF files that I generate and I would be interested in getting feedback.

It's not working for me with STF config, 1mb, tos 1.02, it tries to load track 83 sector 06.
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:34 pm

There is nothing on tracks over 79 .
Maybe to try with other floppy disk ?

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Strange works for me?
Can you try on Hatari?

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:47 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:Strange works for me?
Can you try on Hatari?

strange indeed, if fails with CAPS library 0.42 (latest with STEEM 3.6.0.).

The loader send straight the head to track 83 sector 06.

It won't change a thing, since the CAPS library has its own FDC WD1772 emulation.

@Peter : the problem happened in steem not on my real STF.
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:04 pm

dlfrsilver wrote:
DrCoolZic wrote:Strange works for me?
Can you try on Hatari?

strange indeed, if fails with CAPS library 0.42 (latest with STEEM 3.6.0.).

The loader send straight the head to track 83 sector 06.

It won't change a thing, since the CAPS library has its own FDC WD1772 emulation.

@Peter : the problem happened in steem not on my real STF.

CAPS Lib has not changed for quite some time (I think) and it works fine on my Steem and apparently I am not the only one?
But keep in mind that this is not a released blessed by SPS people as it has been generated by me.

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:11 pm

It loads to level 1 for me, that's odd.
@dlfrsilver: sometimes auto.sts in Steem directory gets corrupt for whatever reason, maybe try again after deleting it.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:01 am

I was thinking about playing it until end, what would not take much time with cheat - since I did it recently. But instead it I made something better: compared RAM content after loading from STX in Steem and content after loading from IPF in Steem SSE 3.6 . And it is 100% same. So, consider it as verified and flawless. Game performs not further disk access after start. This would be simpler case.
However, I think that should look for why sector order is different in STX and this generated by Aufit IPF image ..

If someone wants to play this in Steem SSE: yes it works fine . Cheat: enter $4E71 at address $7CC7C after game start , for unlimited lives . Possible only with Boiler versions. If want to be creative make Steem patch for it - it is really not hard - look some, and will see what and how to change - then may cheat in bare Steem too. Game is finisheable in half hour after some experience.

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:43 am

Great then here a second one
Awesome from Psygnosis in English - It loads correctly on Steem 3.5.4 and I can fire ... that all I have done ;)

It is a 3 disks game. Just place the disks in the disk manager when asked

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:56 pm

OK here is another one
Back to the Future III Imageworks

darwinmac
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

IPF Files to check

Postby darwinmac » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 am

I tried both Awesome and Back to the Future III. I seem to be having problems when I need to swap disks. I had Awesome swap disks successfully once so I do not think your IPF files are the problem. Since IPF support is still experimental in Hatari, I am going to post a message on the development list asking someone to try out your IPF files.

I have not had any problems with your IPF files as long as I do not have to swap disks. In Back to the Future III, if you are able to select the duck shooting from the first menu which asks you to insert disk 2, then I am sure it is a problem with my Hatari setup. I could run STeem from a Windows virtual machine, but I could not set it up quickly the way I wanted it. Therefore, I abandoned it since it would only be used for testing.

Edit: I heard back from one of the Hatari developers. At least the Back to the Future problem that I have can be duplicated by him. Therefore, I don't think my problems are related to the IPF files themselves.

Bob C

darwinmac
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darwinmac » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:37 am

I just wanted to reply back to confirm that my problem was a problem with Hatari. One of the developers gave me a small patch and your IPF files worked perfectly after that. I hope you will be contributing more IPF files in the future.

Bob C

Avanze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Avanze » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:11 am

Thanks for sharing those files, DrCoolZic.

Social Media

Return to “Kryoflux”