Feature Requests for STeem

A place to discuss current and future developments for STeem

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Feature Requests for STeem

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:32 pm

EstTeeEfEm wrote:Ok, My STEEM Setup before my request ;)
STEEM SSE Vers 3.8.1 and Boiler Version 3.7.2
TOS 1.62 Both UK and US
1/4 mb

Does the Jagpad code interfere with the keyboard? I wrote my own routines to control the jagpad and it does have some effect on the ACIA and more than this, can be seen to "press" keys lol...
Another example of this would be the game Substation whereby pressing up ALSO presses another key on the keyboard.
I use an XBox 360 controller and all other "joystick" functions are unused. I dont use my PC keyboard for jaguar input, solely the XBox pad, so i know its not an issue regarding poor key mapping lol.

imho, I dont think the multiplexing system that the jaguar pads use has been fully or properly implemented and could we have it implemented lol.. Im not picking, I think having STEEM SSE is fantastic in every otherway, except maybe due to win10 breaking fullscreen lol.

I refer to this document myself: it is by far the most indepth analysis of the STE enhanced ports.

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~xav/ejp_faq.090

Thank you for your continued work on STEEM SSE, and long may it continue ;)

I'm willing to look into it (already cr4ck3d the password pr0t3ction :) of Substation), but it would help if you posted this in a new thread in support section (viewforum.php?f=112), would be easier to follow.

Also for issues concerning fullscreen.

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Steven Seagal » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:35 pm

In fact, the support section with one thread per bug seems to work fine, so I stop insisting on one thread for all requests, it could make individual requests harder to follow.

[EDIT: deleted other requirement]
Last edited by Steven Seagal on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:23 pm

deleted
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:11 am

Are filters that great? It seems we're limited by our current LED screen technology (also for refresh rate).

Not sure how WinUAE does it (i know nothing about programming) but please check Atari 800 emulator Altirra. It works perfect on fullscreen too (at least on every machine i tried).

I think the CRT-emulation is a vital part of the gaming experience as it's the way games were presented in the golden years. LCD just makes that double pixel stuff look much worse from what it should be. I think Steem's way to show the scanlines makes the screen very dark as every second line is black. If it the shade of the blackness could be adjusted to something more gray it might work better.

Well, this is just my thoughts, I'm the one who got a second hand 32" Sony Wega to my room just to experience games as they should be. The ST graphics were so much more awesome looking, almost like a graphics card upgrade of some kind.

Still this is no criticism by any means, Steem has the best GUI ever and that's why in my books it's also the best emulator ever. Altirra just made me say WOW! out loud when i first saw it. Started dreaming if the same could be achieved on ST emulation too.
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Separated volume controls for PSG and DMA

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:51 am

It would be very good to have separated volume controls for PSG and STE DMA audio. Because it is very unbalanced (you know probably my threads and HW solution for it), so if both is used at once, PSG is usually much louder. I guess that it should be not hard, and will help me in doing more audio track playback add-ons. Boiler version is preferred :-)
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Separated volume controls for PSG and DMA

Postby Steven Seagal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:25 pm

AtariZoll wrote:It would be very good to have separated volume controls for PSG and STE DMA audio. Because it is very unbalanced (you know probably my threads and HW solution for it), so if both is used at once, PSG is usually much louder. I guess that it should be not hard, and will help me in doing more audio track playback add-ons. Boiler version is preferred :-)

Maybe not separated volume controls, but an option to mimic the HW fix? (which I don't know yet)

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:14 am

It is here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27452
There is link in first post to concrete HW problem.
Of course, it is possible to mimic the fix, but it is supported only by couple releases by me - where sound effects go via PSG and music via DMA.
I think that separated controls are much better idea, because:
Everyone can set volumes by it's taste. PSG level is much louder in Steem too (what proves that it is really faithful emulator), so even if no mixing of 2 sound sources, user notices that DMA audio is with much lower volume.
You can set volumes/balance in case of SW what deals not with Microwire mixer setting.
Just to add that balance is good in Falcon, which btw. has significantly lower PSG audio level at output jack. Some other people noticed this problem too (BeGemEd).
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Steven Seagal » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:40 am

It's not to annoy you, but is it possible to open a thread per request or the discussion becomes hard to follow?
I opened a thread here for this issue:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=31953

Social Media

Return to “Development”