Steem SSE beta

A place to discuss current and future developments for STeem

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:13 am

avtandil wrote:Are those options explained somewhere in details ?


Everything is in Steem SSE manual.txt, included in download


But I see that system is still working after that, so this window is as a warning only ?


Yes, warning only, and unlike real STF and STE.
STE + TOS 1.02 work but didn't exist.
I think Hatari won't even run with such a config.

avtandil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am
Location: St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby avtandil » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:17 am

Regarding compatibility with EMU TOS.

As I have some free time now, I scrolled old related correspondense from 2010 and would like
to arise one old issue of STeem - way it emulates HDD.

The question history is like this:

When I started to work with creating of Russian version of EMUTOS, I
tested it and found that while running under STeem it gives an errors
like do not find some RSC-files while they are not in root folder of HDD.

MissingRSC.jpg


Also from Vincent Riviere I heard that EMUTOS has problem to load
*.ACC files.

FYI This error is not exist while running EMUTOS under Hatari or
AranyM and also not exist while running STeem with real TOS image.

Could you please check from your side ?

Petr Stehlik told that STeem uses some hack of TOS image, while that
image is already loaded to the program memory (so original TOS file is
stayed unchanged)...

As EMU TOS project is growing, it would be nice to have EMU TOS images
also working with STeem - for me STeem is remaining most convenient
emulator, especially after MIDI was implemented here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi,

I just discovered that I can't receive email on gmail address on my main computer due to google boycotting internet explorer.

Please don't send emails to "another.steven.seagal@gmail.com" anymore, I will check it very rarely now and probably soon close it. Good riddance, I opened an account there just because Steem authors were there and on forsaken google code, but disliked their system.

If you want to be on the beta distribution list, please email to donmegacool at hotmail.com instead (that's me), or send PM here with your email address.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Steven Seagal wrote:Hi,

I just discovered that I can't receive email on gmail address on my main computer due to google boycotting internet explorer.

Please don't send emails to "another.steven.seagal@gmail.com" anymore, I will check it very rarely now and probably soon close it. Good riddance, I opened an account there just because Steem authors were there and on forsaken google code, but disliked their system.

If you want to be on the beta distribution list, please email to donmegacool at hotmail.com instead (that's me), or send PM here with your email address.



Also: when I send beta notification, it fails on some of your addresses, apparently because it's assessed as spam by the smart servers/programs...

Edit: sorry, I meant to edit but quoted instead... poor Steven...

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:41 am

Notification of a beta of v3.7.2 today, so check your spam filter if you got nothing but wished you did!

User avatar
Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:23 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Cyprian » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:48 am

I've just downloaded it. thanks
I see that there is no Bolier :(
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:52 am

OK I don't want you to be sad, please redownload now it's included.

User avatar
Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:23 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Cyprian » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:38 pm

thx
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Steem SSE 3.8.0 public beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:13 am

A public beta of new Steem SSE is available here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/steemsse/files/Steem%20SSE%203.8/
or here:
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Files/Steem_SSE_Beta_R457.zip
If a large row of bombs suddenly appears, please report!

russ
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:52 am
Location: Lk Wales Florida

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby russ » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:18 am

Again A great job Thanks
russ

User avatar
Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2588
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 am
Location: France

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Maartau » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:35 pm

Cyprian wrote:I've just downloaded it. thanks
I see that there is no Bolier :(


Steven Seagal wrote:OK I don't want you to be sad, please redownload now it's included.


Steven, I'm truly busy ATM (meaning for the next months), but still following all what concerns our beloved forum & favorites computers + emulators :) .

Huge thanks for your brilliant work (as always) :thumbs: , boiler is really useful for me too :D :D :D .
Member of :
- aTaRi LeGeNd ,
- eLiTe ! ,
- NoExTrA .

Don't hesitate to visit http://www.atarimania.com/ & http://www.atarilegend.com/ :D

-> Slowed due to serious health troubles <-

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:38 pm

Little bump to mention that it has already been updated for a bugfix, same filename.
Typical timing.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/steemsse/files/Steem%20SSE%203.8/

http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Files/Steem_SSE_Beta_R457.zip
Last edited by Steven Seagal on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Maartau wrote:
Steven, I'm truly busy ATM (meaning for the next months), but still following all what concerns our beloved forum & favorites computers + emulators :) .

Huge thanks for your brilliant work (as always) :thumbs: , boiler is really useful for me too :D :D :D .


That's OK, it's free time stuff, of course.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:45 pm

Another little update, same filename:
enable/disable patch TOS 1.06 or TOS 1.62 according to ACSI option
The patch disables looking-up for ACSI devices so...
The last one of the week normally :)

avtandil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am
Location: St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby avtandil » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:18 am

Hi, Steven,

during last couple of updates I see white borders behind the St-screen (as on the picture).

Steem__00013.jpg


Do we have a chance to configure switch it off ?

Dima-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:23 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Cyprian » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:20 am

avtandil wrote:Do we have a chance to configure switch it off ?

yep, you can turn it off:
Preferences --> Display --> Borders: Off


Steven,
I use Mono for coding and working in applications and color for demos. I switch very often switch from Mono to Color mode. Now I have manually turn border off for Mono mode and turn it on for Colo. From my point of view would be cool to have another "Borders" option "Color: On, Mono OFF".
May I ask you to add it as a third option to "Borders"?
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

avtandil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am
Location: St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby avtandil » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Cyprian wrote:
avtandil wrote:Do we have a chance to configure switch it off ?

yep, you can turn it off:
Preferences --> Display --> Borders: Off



OMG How I missed this ?! :shrug:

Many thanks, Cyprian! :cheers:

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:02 pm

In fact, there was a very big bug in colour mode with borders off.
It's because I always have borders on to check all those demos...
I fixed that and some other horrible ones thanks to some feedback (thx!).
The same file has been updated (plz redownload).
Also added this:

- MonochromeDisableBorder

If you add this line in the [main] part of steem.ini:

MonochromeDisableBorder=1

Borders will be off in monochrome mode, except if you switch them on after
the cold reset.


Normally I take no more requests but I did change the option.
Made it this way to avoid bloat.

avtandil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am
Location: St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby avtandil » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi, Steven,

I have couple of questions:

1. Notator program has cropped lines (see attachment). I don't know when that appeared as I didn't test all previous versions.

Notator.jpg


2. I'm using Parallels Desktop to get Windows on my Mac. And I found that under XP strange behaviour of mouse after I'm using STeem - it has errors while switching between programs. It is for sure not a STeem bug (I also checked STeem under Windows 7 it is working normally). Just could you explain how mouse is working under STeem ?

Thanks=

Dima-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by avtandil on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:41 am

Sorry, can't reproduce.

Please use png, not jpg for screenshots, it's clearer and smaller.
Here's one, with the status info.

notator380.png


As an aside, notice the different colour of status info in monochrome mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:45 am

avtandil wrote:2. I'm using Parallels Desktop to get Windows on my Mac. And I found that under XP strange behaviour of mouse after I'm using STeem - it has errors while switching between programs. It is for sure not a STeem bug (I also checked STeem under Windows 7 it is working normally). Just could you explain how mouse is working under STeem ?

Thanks=

Dima-


-Yes, there's mouse trouble with some virtual machines.
-It's not limited to Steem.
-For the moment I have zero experience with VM.
-Steem uses:

BOOL WINAPI GetCursorPos(
_Out_ LPPOINT lpPoint
);

(user32.dll)

avtandil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am
Location: St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby avtandil » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Steven Seagal wrote:Sorry, can't reproduce.

Please use png, not jpg for screenshots, it's clearer and smaller.
Here's one, with the status info.

As an aside, notice the different colour of status info in monochrome mode.


I will try to investigate when it was appeared starting from original STeem and then step-by-step updating SSE versions.
Last edited by avtandil on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

avtandil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am
Location: St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby avtandil » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Steven Seagal wrote:
avtandil wrote:2. I'm using Parallels Desktop to get Windows on my Mac. And I found that under XP strange behaviour of mouse after I'm using STeem - it has errors while switching between programs. It is for sure not a STeem bug (I also checked STeem under Windows 7 it is working normally). Just could you explain how mouse is working under STeem ?

Thanks=

Dima-


-Yes, there's mouse trouble with some virtual machines.
-It's not limited to Steem.
-For the moment I have zero experience with VM.
-Steem uses:

BOOL WINAPI GetCursorPos(
_Out_ LPPOINT lpPoint
);

(user32.dll)


I also not so strong in VM theory, but just in case, could you add some more commands for mouse releasing while stopping emulations and exitting STeem (with or without stopping emulation before exit), maybe it could prevent possible mouse troubles with some VMs.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:39 pm

avtandil wrote:I also not so strong in VM theory, but just in case, could you add some more commands for mouse releasing while stopping emulations and exitting STeem (with or without stopping emulation before exit), maybe it could prevent possible mouse troubles with some VMs.


I'll note this for a future version, but I must gather some info before.

User avatar
Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 am
Location: Undisclosed
Contact:

Re: Steem SSE beta

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:42 pm



Social Media

     

Return to “Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest