Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Coming soon! Steem SSE 3.5

Postby npomarede » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Steven Seagal wrote:UMD 8730

Hi,
nice find for UMD 8730, I knew about the unused bits behaviour in the STF color regs, but never added it as not program seems to be failing because of this.
Now, I added it to Hatari too, even if the "random" solution could have some side effects, as those bits are not random in fact (but it's much harder to emulate their real value).

Nicolas

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:58 pm

May i suggest that the status info in the toolbar show if the ST is in 50hz or 60hz? I have no idea to tell as it is now :)

Also is it possible to add support for single sided disk drives? This could be useful to find out how some games distributed on doublesided disks behave when played on single sided disk drive... some games only lets you play certain levels and such.

oh.. and SCP support please :wink:

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Steven Seagal » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:45 pm

The last 2 posts were better at their place in the new "coming soon" thread for v3.6.

About the frequency reporting, up to now the status indications don't depend on active emulation, there could be a slight performance hit.

Tomorrow I should upload a new beta. The Boiler version should indicate when the frequency is 60hz on the screen:

But maybe it's overkill. In the current Boiler, each time you stop emulation, a file shifter_tricks.txt is saved, and there you have the current freq & resolution.
In the CIA we learned that ST ruled
Steem SSE: http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm

Social Media

Return to “Development”