Well, obviously there will be no 'Christmas release' of Steem, a little patience, still it seems an appropriate day to announce next release.
The main problem is to find web hosting that won't spam the site with silly popus and make it unusable, or just nuke it without a word of warning. Where are the times of geocities, tripod, angelfire, etc?
So there is this one, suffering from ads but it should stay online:http://ataristeven.eu5.org/Steem_35_coming_soon1.htm
And this one, ad-free, but online since 2 days so I don't know how long it will stay:http://ataristeven.t15.org/Steem_35_coming_soon1.htm
edit (13/01/2013): it's still there!
Anyway, the new features in Steem 3.5 will be:
- IPF support, all disks should load but writes provoke popups from CAPSimg.dll. In the current state, at least 2 games won't work: Leathal Xcess and Sundog, but hey the Pasti versions do work.
For the moment this doesn't seem to interest the Kryoflux guys, maybe IPF is more an Amiga thing.
- record video support (AVI), I'm afraid it's nothing great for the moment, but it's a start
- basic unrar support using unrar.dll, this can be handy.
- save NEO snapshot!
- better indication that Pasti is on
- Pasti red drive led correction