Anybody install EasyMiNT 1.90 on a FireBee?

All things related to the Atari Coldfire Project

Moderators: Mathias, Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], Galvez, Moderator Team

fmh
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Anybody install EasyMiNT 1.90 on a FireBee?

Postby fmh » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Hello,

Today I decided to try EasymiNT 1.90 on my FireBee. I had a brand new 16GB Kingston CF card that I prepared with the following partitions :
C: 990MB FAT16 (bootable)
D: 4GB EXT2
E: 10GB FAT32

I had EasyMiNT unzipped to my SD card and decided to install from there. The installer correctly sees that I am on a FireBee. I get to the point in the installation where it asks for what to install Network,RPM, etc. I chose all the options even the Development Tools and shortly after clicking to continue I get the following error message (see screen shot). I rebooted and tried again but I get the same error.

Has anybody installed EasyMiNT 1.90 on their FireBee? I was going to format the CF card and start over but I won't bother if nobody else has gotten EasyMiNT to install.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atari Gamer
FireBee

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Anybody install EasyMiNT 1.90 on a FireBee?

Postby vido » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:41 am

Huh ... I installed EasyMiNT by hand, without the installer because it was so long ago it was not ready by then.
But I am very interested if an how you will solve the problem. Maybe you got some file corrupted?

fmh
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby fmh » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Well I started over again from scratch wiping out the CF and re-partitioning it. EasyMiNT failed at the exact same spot with the same error. I guess EasyMint 1.90 does not work on the FireBee.
Atari Gamer
FireBee

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:50 pm

I would start with trying to install just "basic.tar" At least that 42 rpms work for sure. When we tested the new installer it worked, and to my knowledge there have not been any changes later from the BETA version to the final 1.90 now. So perhaps it is just some of the other packages?
MegaST 4 with Sounddesigner II MegaBus hardware and 56001, Hades 040, MagiC Mac at Mac OS 9 and a FireBee.

fmh
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby fmh » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:30 pm

I tried just installing the base MiNT alone and it failed.
Atari Gamer
FireBee

Galvez
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Galvez » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:13 am

I've tried this weekend to install EasyMiNT on the FireBee, it succeed however my first attempts failed due to the CF card I was using (Kingston 4 GB), the unpacking of the packages were getting stuck. With a different CF card (SanDisk 4 GB) everything ran flawlessly.

fmh
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby fmh » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Hmm, leads me to believe something is wrong with my FireBee somewhere. Many programs don't seem to rung on mine though they run on other people's Firebees. I am in the process of updating the Firmware on mine. My latest attempt to update the firmware has left me with some extra work on my hands to get the FireBee back running properly.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to installing EasyMiNT 1.90 on the FireBee once I get my issues worked out.
Atari Gamer
FireBee

tordj
Atariator
Atariator

Postby tordj » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:15 pm

I ran into exactly the same problem when I tried to install EasyMiNT 1.90 on my FireBee.

Turned out that it didn't like that I ran the installation program from the SD-card. After copying it to the internal CompactFlash and running it from there, the installation worked fine.

tordj
Atariator
Atariator

Postby tordj » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:18 pm

[duplicate message removed]

fmh
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby fmh » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Thank You.

I copied the EasyMiNT Installer to the CF and though it threw two errors immediately and the only response was to Cancel the job it continued the installation and as far as I am aware properly.
Atari Gamer
FireBee

fmh
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby fmh » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 am

EasyMiNT installed but TCP/IP is not working properly. If I do IFCONFIG from the Shell I get the proper addressing. I can also PING my router. But no application so far can access the Network like Netsurf or Highwire. Netsurf gives me No Route to Host and Highwire just sits there doing nothing.

Has anyone else having this issue on their FireBee? I may just wipe the CF Card and start over.
Atari Gamer
FireBee

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby frank.lukas » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:17 am

Use EasyMiNT with the 1-19-cur MiNT/XaAES from Vincent ...
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:48 am

fmh wrote:EasyMiNT installed but TCP/IP is not working properly. If I do IFCONFIG from the Shell I get the proper addressing. I can also PING my router. But no application so far can access the Network like Netsurf or Highwire. Netsurf gives me No Route to Host and Highwire just sits there doing nothing.

Has anyone else having this issue on their FireBee? I may just wipe the CF Card and start over.

Do you have DNS set?

fmh
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby fmh » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:50 pm

I will have to watch the system boot again but I do believe that the router address scrolled across the screen when the system was booting. I will look at the output from IFCONFIG again too.

I thought the EasyMiNT had the specific Coldfire binaries already? You select what your system is at installation time. MiNT in EasyMiNT is 1.19a. I'd have to see what is on Vincent's site.
Atari Gamer
FireBee

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:54 pm

fmh wrote:I will have to watch the system boot again but I do believe that the router address scrolled across the screen when the system was booting. I will look at the output from IFCONFIG again too.

You can just check your settings of Mint by looking at the text files.
Look at this https://sites.google.com/site/probehous ... h-ethernec about 3/4 page down for where to look for.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

fmh
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby fmh » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Thank You. I will have to see what is there because it does appears the DNS setting is off.
Atari Gamer
FireBee

Social Media

Return to “FireBee”