Mini Case

All things related to the Atari Coldfire Project

Moderators: Mathias, Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], Galvez, Moderator Team

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Mini Case

Postby Mathias » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:37 pm

I´like to inform you today that we got a price for the small case. Including a 16GB Compact Flash card and retail packaging, paralell port etc. etc. it is 99,- Euros.

Please start to order your Bee (at acpinfo at atari dot org) and the cases, so that I do not have to proceed 50 orders at once in 2 weeks. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MegaST 4 with Sounddesigner II MegaBus hardware and 56001, Hades 040, MagiC Mac at Mac OS 9 and a FireBee.

robl
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Small Case

Postby robl » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Now that is a sexy case -- good ol' Atari Grey!

I can't wait to get my hands on my FireBee and one of the new cases. I'll have to throw the iMac to the side to make room for my FireBee.

Thanks for the update, Mathias!
http://firebee.info - Unofficial FireBee Info Wiki

Current Atari Systems: FireBee (soon) - Atari 130XE
Previous Atari Systems: Atari 2600A - Atari SuperPong - Atari 400 - Atari 800 - Atari 800 XL - Atari 520ST w/ 1024M RAM - Atari Portfolio Pocket PC

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 pm

No slanted cheese grater design on top ? :mrgreen:
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:12 am

wongck wrote:No slanted cheese grater design on top ? :mrgreen:
Well the design and the construction files of the case are Creative Commons. So you can "improve" whatever direction you belive an audience for, is in existance. :angel:
MegaST 4 with Sounddesigner II MegaBus hardware and 56001, Hades 040, MagiC Mac at Mac OS 9 and a FireBee.

Orion_
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Orion_ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:06 pm

no black case option ?

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Of course there are other options as well. We produced 4 colours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zogging Hell
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Zogging Hell » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Quick question Mathias, just wondering why you put the monitor port on the side and the USB ports at the back? I would have though it would have been easier for the user the other way round? Case looks good though, is it made from metal or plastic (I'm guessing metal)?
Firebee, Falcon CT60, Milan 040, Falcon MkI, TT, Mega STe, Mega ST + Lots of STs of various flavours

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Well, tha board is still PCI form factor.USB, serial, sound, PS/2 are the cheap connectors that can more easily be lengthen somewher, or are already present in some enclosures. but you won´t lengthen a DVI-I port or SD-Card. So the "real" important ports are always outside in every situation.

The case is 1,5mm Aluminium. Than I orderd some puttying (where the bolts are), and the hot laquering in 4 colours.

Orion_
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Orion_ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:17 pm

oh yeah, very nice photo of the case colors !
I'm so eager to order one Yellow_Colorz_PDT_10

So can we now order the final firebee computer at the email address mentioned or do we need to wait for medusa website to update ?

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:25 pm

You can order directly and immediatly. Only for PP payments we need to wait for the MCS website. But we nevertheles strongly recomment wire transfers. So drop us a mail, with shipping adress, prefered colour etc. as soon as you like.

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 am

Mathias wrote:You can order directly and immediatly. Only for PP payments we need to wait for the MCS website. But we nevertheles strongly recomment wire transfers. So drop us a mail, with shipping adress, prefered colour etc. as soon as you like.

Ugh, why don't you make it easy for those of use who use PayPal?
Mikey
Atari Falcon 030, CT-63 w/128MB @ 76MHz, 14 MB RamGizmo, SuperVidel + SvethLANa
Atari TT030, CaTTamaran, 4 MB ST-Ram, 16 MB TT-RAM, ECL2VGA
Amiga 4000T (QuickPak), OS 3.9, QuickPak 060 w/128 MB, Picasso IV, A2065, AD516
Commodore 128D, 1084S monitor, RAMLink, CMD 4.1GB Hardrive
Commodore SX-64

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 am

Because I like to make it as complicated as possible to order a FireBee. That improves customer loyalty and gives the entire ACP a mystic touch :mrgreen:

Perhaps because this is an unofficial information what the price for the case is, as it was demanded often (of about 25-30 people I was communicating with the last weeks), and I put it here as first information as soon as we calculated all the entries? And perhaps because I wanted to give you the information even before we prepared everything for the "official shipping start". Maybe even because of what I said in my initial posting of this thread, I do not like to process 50 or more orders in one day? And perhaps, but really just perhaps, we are not a huge concern, do all in our spare time, earn nothing for 4 years of 30 hours work a week, and still have not enough manpower to do everything in time, an all this is not about making something not as easy as possible for you - as far as we are able to?

And FYI PP is crap, and they made huge problems - even for the Atari community. From my point of view they should go to hell. And opening a PP account at all, was already a huge acknowledgement for overseas community members.

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:02 am

Mathias wrote:Because I like to make it as complicated as possible to order a FireBee. That improves customer loyalty and gives the entire ACP a mystic touch :mrgreen:

Well I think I love this idea, and I am thinking about changing the rules, no shipping anymore, just pick ups here in Vienna or at the, not yet existing, Medusa factory shop in Switzerland. How does this sound? That would strenghten our entire community, as everybody has to meet some other Atari users :mrgreen: :lol:

robl
Atariator
Atariator

Postby robl » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 am

Mathias wrote:Because I like to make it as complicated as possible to order a FireBee. That improves customer loyalty and gives the entire ACP a mystic touch :mrgreen:

Perhaps because this is an unofficial information what the price for the case is, as it was demanded often (of about 25-30 people I was communicating with the last weeks), and I put it here as first information as soon as we calculated all the entries? And perhaps because I wanted to give you the information even before we prepared everything for the "official shipping start". Maybe even because of what I said in my initial posting of this thread, I do not like to process 50 or more orders in one day? And perhaps, but really just perhaps, we are not a huge concern, do all in our spare time, earn nothing for 4 years of 30 hours work a week, and still have not enough manpower to do everything in time, an all this is not about making something not as easy as possible for you - as far as we are able to?

And FYI PP is crap, and they made huge problems - even for the Atari community. From my point of view they should go to hell. And opening a PP account at all, was already a huge acknowledgement for overseas community members.

I agree, but for customers in the USA, bank transfers to a European bank is a needlessly complex and expensive process. I spoke with my bank (one of the largest in the USA) and they requested I fill out a 5 page form to enroll in their foreign bank transfer service. Additionally, they require a credit check and maintaining a large minimum balance in the account. Once approved, there is a $30 (~22 Euro) fee added to every transfer transaction. There is also a 1.5% currency exchange convenience fee. This means that the case alone would cost nearly 125 Euro. (25% more)

From the payment options currently offered, PayPal is the best option for the US. To send money, there is no fee. The ACP team will be charged 2% to 3.5% per transaction to receive the money. Sending them 104 Euro via PayPal should cover any fee that PayPal would charge on the receiving end.

Yes, PayPal has had some questionable practices in years past, but things have improved (at least in the US). As PayPal has been under more scrutiny of its operating practices, they have begun complying with banking regulations and addressing complaints in more professional manner. At this time, they are not any worse that dealing with a bank or credit card processor. They aren't any better either.
http://firebee.info - Unofficial FireBee Info Wiki

Current Atari Systems: FireBee (soon) - Atari 130XE
Previous Atari Systems: Atari 2600A - Atari SuperPong - Atari 400 - Atari 800 - Atari 800 XL - Atari 520ST w/ 1024M RAM - Atari Portfolio Pocket PC

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Yeah, you are right. I know that US banks are more crazy what concernes private customers deals than European ones. That is why we got a PP account at all.

And of course Medusa is already calculating and setting up the new values in the upcoming days. It is just that I liked to give you the info before we are "totally ready". It's just inside the community 2 forums and our mailinglist, so why is somebody feeling we do not like to make it simple?

Sometimes I feel too much "consumption mentality"?

mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mdivancic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:23 am

Fine you've convinced me, I don't need a FireBee. I'm sure you'll sell plenty to others. I'll just put more money into my falcon. Thank you very much.
Mikey
Atari Falcon 030, CT-63 w/128MB @ 76MHz, 14 MB RamGizmo, SuperVidel + SvethLANa
Atari TT030, CaTTamaran, 4 MB ST-Ram, 16 MB TT-RAM, ECL2VGA
Amiga 4000T (QuickPak), OS 3.9, QuickPak 060 w/128 MB, Picasso IV, A2065, AD516
Commodore 128D, 1084S monitor, RAMLink, CMD 4.1GB Hardrive
Commodore SX-64

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:05 am

mdivancic wrote: Fine you've convinced me, I don't need a FireBee. I'm sure you'll sell plenty to others. I'll just put more money into my falcon. Thank you very much.

Yeah, thats my freedom. I do not need to "sell" anything. In fact no capitalist sucker out there is able to tell you that (even if he would love to). We are not controlled by "customers" we are a part of the Atari community and we try to make a good product for other Atari users. If you don´t get what we are doing (just once read carefully http://acp.atari.org from the bottom up, or I even could show you our 12000 development postings, or my 20k mails inside my mailbox) it´s your problem. If you come up after one week I put 80 hours inside that project for free, and imply – as first contact ever – that I do not want to make it easy for you out there, than I am personally pissed off. That does not mean that there are no parts that could, even with limited possibilities we have to deal with, be optimized, but I feel that you did not understand my provious posting. Thats it.

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:10 am

mdivancic wrote:Fine you've convinced me, I don't need a FireBee. I'm sure you'll sell plenty to others. I'll just put more money into my falcon. Thank you very much.

Well ... FireBee is project for Atari comunity where nobody earns anything and everything is done in spare time. There is no need to sell it to anyone. But there is a lot of work and time put into this project from many people. This what you wrote shows that you dont know much about what is happening behind the project and on the other side, why you should? If you will buy FireBee you will show a great respect to the people behind the project and that the work was not just a waste of time. But that is all. Nobody will lose anything except maybe the Atari scene whose part you are also.
I think you dont know how many time, work, knowledge, ... Mathias put into this project, so I think you just dont understand what Mathias meant with his post. And because of that I think also Mathias sholud not write posts like this. But I understand him 100%. I would lose my nerves much earlier if I would be involved into this project as he is. He puts many hours of his free time every day into the project for FREE. That should be respected!

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 am

Vido, it was just the fact, that I wanted to do something nice for the community, and just "tell" about the price in "unofficial ways" and get such an allegation. Aditionally it would be ok to critizie things we are doing, but not in such an untrue point and as first contact ever. BTW I even know several people who do very very much as well, and don´t even want to appeare as public team members ;)

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:41 am

Actually I would love to borrow and test a Firebee by now to finally convince me to buy one....I like the blue case a lot ^^
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Jabber: simonsunnyboy@atari-jabber.org

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Mathias wrote: BTW I even know several people who do very very much as well, and don´t even want to appear as public team members ;)

Given the comments and remarks, I can easily understand this! :lol:
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

Xyla
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Xyla » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Well I was already convinced to buy a Firebee. I'm very appreciative of the people who have made the project possible. I hope to be able to afford to order one soon, and I hope I can contribute to the project/Atari community somehow after I get one.

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 am

Simonsunnyboy, you will need to get to a party or Atari meeting where a Bee user is. Or perhaps someone is borrowing you his one for a week or something, there are enought Bees out there already? Sadly I have just one series unit here, and it makes no sense to send it from Vienna because of the shipping fees.

Xyla wrote:Well I was already convinced to buy a Firebee. I'm very appreciative of the people who have made the project possible.
Thanks for the kind words, I will report them to the whole team.

Xyla wrote:and I hope I can contribute to the project/Atari community somehow after I get one.
You will! I am sure people who got their bees often lie to contribute something as well. Just drop us a mail when you feel itś the right time for you.

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 am

A party eh! I guess this will be called the FIre Swarm Fest 2012! :mrgreen:

jd
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jd » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:47 am

How many Firebee's are being made?

What's the uptake like?

I've been away from the scene for a while and Firebee was vapourware at the time.

Congrats on all who have brought it to this stage, i suppose it is being marketed as the follow on to the Hades and Medusa type thing.

Social Media

Return to “FireBee”