Advertising Atari with sexy girls.

This is the gallery. It's where we put the pictures upon pictures of us all showing off our dens and collections.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Greenious
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Advertising Atari with sexy girls.

Postby Greenious » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Among the many things I believe in, such as liberty, freedom of speech... Atari and girls have always been close to my heart...

atari-nerd-girls-gamer-girls.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Updated my guides as of june 28th, 2016. Check'em out and feedback!
viewtopic.php?t=5040

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 pm

ICS wrote:Did she give consent? We will never know.
Do we care? Pfffffffft!

I believe this is the first time I've reported a post on this forum. I have also at times wondered if #metoo really was necessary but now all doubt is gone.
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 pm

CENTIPEDE.
Centipede is a vertically oriented fixed shooter arcade game produced by Atari, Inc. in June 1981. The game was designed by Ed Logg and Dona Bailey. It was one of the most commercially successful games from the video arcade's golden age. The player fights off centipedes, spiders, scorpions and fleas, completing a round after eliminating the centipede that winds down the playing field.
Atari in his infinite wisdom shows us an ergonomic study of body positioning during the practice of this video game, here we have the explanatory images (not suitable for femimarxists with mustaches or inquisitors of the politically correct):

Centipede - 01.jpg

Centipede - 02.jpg

Centipede - 03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:30 pm

That PAC-MAN-WOMAN has some great... (_)(_) :D

but this girl in Atari swimming suit - how is this possible?!?

Is it a PhotoShop?

Who would pay for printing Atari Falcon image on swim suit, finding chick and then take a professional photos...?!? ...? :D
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

Greenious
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Greenious » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 am

joska wrote:
ICS wrote:Did she give consent? We will never know.
Do we care? Pfffffffft!

I believe this is the first time I've reported a post on this forum. I have also at times wondered if #metoo really was necessary but now all doubt is gone.

That could certainly be interpreted in anumber of ways, and while I am not impressed with the choice of words, I really do not think that ICS meant anything sinister about it. Rather a comment around hot girls in sexy outfits screaming #metoo when it's Ron Jeremy looking and not Brad Pitt.
viewtopic.php?t=5040

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:11 am

I find this entire thread sinister. I see no problem in posting vintage ads where hot girls are used to sell products. They did that 30 years ago. What I *do* have problems with is people idolizing this TODAY. It has nothing to do with "political correctness" or "being offended", this is plain and simple sexism by a bunch of middle-aged men.
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

ICS

Postby ICS » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:21 am

joska wrote:I find this entire thread sinister. I see no problem in posting vintage ads where hot girls are used to sell products. They did that 30 years ago. What I *do* have problems with is people idolizing this TODAY. It has nothing to do with "political correctness" or "being offended", this is plain and simple sexism by a bunch of middle-aged men.

If you don't like this thread, stay out of it.
That's how easy it really is.

RealLarry
Atari User
Atari User

Postby RealLarry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:32 am

joska wrote:[...] this is plain and simple sexism by a bunch of middle-aged men.

No, you (and maybe others) are thinking/speaking about sexism. It is a matter of opinion. Think about free speech. If one is saying "oh, nice girl, let's go and f**k that bitch" maybe he's an antisocial asshole, but his statement is okay to me. And I don't have to agree with him.
On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:32 am

ICS wrote:If you don't like this thread, stay out of it.

Yes, just looking another way would be easy, wouldn't it?
Jo Even

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 am

joska wrote:I find this entire thread sinister. I see no problem in posting vintage ads where hot girls are used to sell products. They did that 30 years ago. What I *do* have problems with is people idolizing this TODAY. It has nothing to do with "political correctness" or "being offended", this is plain and simple sexism by a bunch of middle-aged men.

Joska; That's your opinion and I have a different one, that's why the thread exists.
The problem that you find TODAY is precisely that hypocrisy of considering humans as asexual amoebas: why do we have to renounce sexism? Is it bad that sexual attraction is recognized and used freely? I do not see any reason that TODAY complains because television ads include explicit components of homosexuality: that's not sexualizing or middle-aged people, that's "equality" and "progress", right?
Enough of attacking all the pillars of our culture and enough of inquisitors of "politically correct".
I'm glad you're a "hardware guru", because if you were a judge, you would be able to torment a lot of people.

ICS proposes a simple and effective solution that I consider very accurate, who does not like not to participate, but I also add that freedom of expression is not denied TODAY to participate and admire something as natural as feminine beauty, to accept that the attraction for the opposite sex is not "sexism" but something as natural as life, and if that attraction is used for commercial purposes is totally lawful because that is the human condition that is attracted to success and beauty and flees from problems and ugliness. We do not need judges and executioners to direct our sexuality and tell us what is sexist and what is not, and use it as a throwing weapon.

QUANTUM.
Quantum is a color vector arcade game designed by General Computer Corp. for Atari Inc. and released in December 1982. The premise of the game is related to quantum physics in that the player directs a probe with a trackball to encircle atomic "particles" for points, without touching various other particles. Once the particles are surrounded by the probe's tail they are destroyed.
Here we have a totally sexualized poster where we see a girl dressed without shame: she is showing her ankles! what a nerve! and also has loose hair to provoke middle-aged men!

ICS

Postby ICS » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:52 am

joska wrote:
ICS wrote:If you don't like this thread, stay out of it.

Yes, just looking another way would be easy, wouldn't it?

Exactly, just like I'm looking the other way when I read your nonsense from now on.
Have a nice day.

thomas3
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby thomas3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:59 am

RealLarry wrote:
joska wrote:[...] this is plain and simple sexism by a bunch of middle-aged men.

No, you (and maybe others) are thinking/speaking about sexism. It is a matter of opinion. Think about free speech. If one is saying "oh, nice girl, let's go and f**k that bitch" maybe he's an antisocial asshole, but his statement is okay to me. And I don't have to agree with him.

It really isn't a matter of opinion whether this thread is sexist - it is, by definition.

Surely the issue is more about whether it's ok to be sexist? Or whether sexist posts should be allowed on this forum?

Joska hasn't said anything about stopping you guys talking this way, but has just made the point that perhaps being sexist isn't ok. I agree with Joska.

Just like you're free to post this stuff here, others are free to respond. But I'm feeling from some of these posts that some of you guys are itching for a fight with "moustached femimarxists" :lol:

Idek Tramielski
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Idek Tramielski » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 am

I am very sad that trump trolls feel empowered to post their smear campaign against basic human decency in this forum. If even moderators support this and attack members, I will not waste my time here anymore. :(

RealLarry
Atari User
Atari User

Postby RealLarry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 am

thomas3 wrote:Surely the issue is more about whether it's ok to be sexist? Or whether sexist posts should be allowed on this forum?

Well, okay, but who defines what sexism is? And what is the motive? That's why this is a matter of opinion - in my opinion.

thomas3 wrote:Joska hasn't said anything about stopping you guys talking this way, but has just made the point that perhaps being sexist isn't ok. I agree with Joska.

Not directly, but he said that he reported that post. That's nearly the same, isn't it?

thomas3 wrote:Just like you're free to post this stuff here, others are free to respond. But I'm feeling from some of these posts that some of you guys are itching for a fight with "moustached femimarxists" :lol:

Oh yes, you and Joska are very welcome to post your thoughts here. But not stuff like "this is not ok to me, I've to report this". Argue or be silent.
On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:42 am

Why is "sexism" criticized when it is heterosexual?
Is it okay to make a parade of men with beards and wearing only a thong and high-heeled boots?
What sexism is good for 21st century society? the trans ?, homo? bi?
Much hypocrisy, cynicism and once again: attack culture in any of its traditional pillars.
Sexist example for an ad: a man and a woman take an ice cream with their children (a boy and a girl). If we zoom in on the image we will see that the man has a small silver cross on his neck. Completely sexist, patriarchal, antiquated and oppressive!
Example that we must accept for good: two women take a soda and kiss on the lips. The announcement can still be improved: a woman must be white and another black. That is the right ad! there is no "sexism"!

Yes, I think that most feminists are not feminine (they are simply lesbians, many with mustaches), that they are a political arm of Marxism; and I also consider that the majority of men who are scandalized by the nonsense of "sexism" (heterosexual) are not masculine or are of the type that considers "modern and progressive" not to defend their culture, their country, their family and their religious beliefs.

Computer Space is a space combat arcade game developed in 1971 as one of the last games created in the early history of video games. Created by Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney in partnership as Syzygy Engineering, it was the first arcade video game as well as the first commercially available video game.

Computer Space.jpg

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:45 am

Idek Tramielski wrote:I am very sad that trump trolls feel empowered to post their smear campaign against basic human decency in this forum. If even moderators support this and attack members, I will not waste my time here anymore. :(

I'm sure that according to your parameters, decency is measured by giving away a Nobel Peace Prize just for heating the armchair with your ass for 5 minutes.
Another judge and executioner ...

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:20 am

Atarieterno wrote:QUANTUM.
blab blab..

This image spoils the thread :lol:
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

thomas3

Postby thomas3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:32 am

Atarieterno wrote:Yes, I think that most feminists are not feminine (they are simply lesbians, many with mustaches), that they are a political arm of Marxism; and I also consider that the majority of men who are scandalized by the nonsense of "sexism" (heterosexual) are not masculine or are of the type that considers "modern and progressive" not to defend their culture, their country, their family and their religious beliefs.

Gosh. You other guys down with this? :lol:

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:47 am

thomas3 wrote: Gosh. You other guys down with this? :lol:

Quiet, Thomas3, I'm sure most people think like you; But that does not mean that you are right or that others give up.
Sexist greetings.

thomas3

Postby thomas3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:07 am

Atarieterno wrote:Yes, I think that most feminists are not feminine (they are simply lesbians, many with mustaches)

Dude - I think it's most definitely fair to say that this statement is factually incorrect, whatever you think about feminism/sexism :lol:

Greenious
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Greenious » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 am

Since we cannot just enjoy Atari themed girls without getting political, this thread is now locked until mods decide what to do with it.
viewtopic.php?t=5040

Social Media

Return to “Gallery”