My Retrobright and Restoration Experience 2

This is the gallery. It's where we put the pictures upon pictures of us all showing off our dens and collections.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

My Retrobright and Restoration Experience 2

Postby Atari74user » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:17 pm

After having some leftover Retrobight mixture from my first experiment viewtopic.php?f=88&t=28406, I decided to Retrobright my main Atari ST:

1. First I dismantled it and carefully cleaned the motherboard for the first time in 20+ years 8O
Clean Motherboard.jpg

2. Masked up the top case
Atari Before Retrobright Top.jpg

3. Masked up the bottom case
Atari Before Retrobright Bottom.jpg

4. I Retrobrighted the keyboard in the same way as in my first experiment

5. Washed off the Retrobright carefully from all the parts, but not careful enough and damaged my STFM badge :roll: So, as this Atari is special to me, and is fitted with 4mb, a TOS switcher and OverScan, thought I would treat it with a 4160 badge. Sacrilegious, maybe! Nice results though, with no blotching using this Retrobright method
My Atari ST.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF & Steinberg FDI
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, Soundpool M04, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

iceman
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: My Retrobright and Restoration Experience 2

Postby iceman » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:25 pm

That looks great! Did you do the keys too?
Atarian since 1989. Atari 1040STFM, 4MB 520STe with UltraSatan and Unitor N, A dodgy 1 MBSTe that bombs out after a few minutes, and a 14MB 48MHz Falcon 030 with NetUSBee and Soundpool 8 channel DAC. Plus my new MiST!

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: My Retrobright and Restoration Experience 2

Postby Atari74user » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:55 am

Thank you very much, this casing wasn't as dis-coloured as my spare Atari ST, but it certainly made a difference. Yes indeed, I 'retrobrighted' the keys too. I just popped them off the keyboard and painted my blended retrobright on. It didn't damage the lettering on the caps, everything went quite well!
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF & Steinberg FDI
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, Soundpool M04, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

Social Media

Return to “Gallery”