Atari STe: my faithful instrument.

This is the gallery. It's where we put the pictures upon pictures of us all showing off our dens and collections.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Atarieterno
Atari God
Atari God

Atari STe: my faithful instrument.

Postby Atarieterno » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:32 am

This is a photograph of an Atari STe. What is special about it? He is my Atari STe, inseparable companion to work with music from 1989 to the present, although in the last two years he is resting because I bought a TT.
I started in 1985 with an ST of half a megabyte of RAM and external floppy drive, four years later I got the STe with the huge amount of 4 Mby of RAM and I also added a controller to use 1´4 Mby floppy disks.

With this Atari I studied music, I have sequenced metal wind arrangements to use live with my dance orchestra (it helped me pay a good part of the construction of my house) and never failed on stage using Cubase.
In my leisure time, it gave me many hours of fun with the thousands of video games that exist for Atari ST, and my children knew those games in the 21st century as their first contact with a computer.

What maintenance did he need for 30 years? only the change of a floppy disk drive and also the preventive change of the PSU (I bought the one made by eXxos) although the original one was still working.
Today is the day to check my stored Atari computers, I connect them and check that everything goes well, and I am pleased to publish it in this house of all Atari users.
Atari forever!

Mis STe´s (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Atari STe: my faithful instrument.

Postby stormy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:35 pm

A friend for life :)
Falcon CT60e 060 - 256mb ram - Phantom bus and DSP accelerated // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - ATI Mach64 2mb

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Atari STe: my faithful instrument.

Postby Eero Tamminen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm

mzry wrote:A friend for life :)

:thumbs:

Social Media

Return to “Gallery”