End of the Line for Guardians

The area to discuss, debate, and contribute to a project that is preserving all ST software for future generations to enjoy. Visit the Guardians of the PaST website.

Moderators: Goldrunner, Moderator Team, Guardians of the PaST

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Re: End of the Line for Guardians

Postby Goldrunner » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:31 am

lotek_style wrote:Love to see new features on Atarimania and the "Guardians" to join the team :)

It would be great to see some of the content of Guardians moved over to AtariMania, they are welcome to use anything they wish! Of course I am not the author of all of the sites content, but I'm sure other former Guardian members will not have any objections since their work will not be wasted.

I can't wait to see new things at AtariMania :D

atarimania
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby atarimania » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:12 pm

lotek_style wrote:Love to see new features on Atarimania and the "Guardians" to join the team :)

Franck: Did you get my mail? I never got a reply.

No, I don't think so... I'm going to check on my spam directory....

Dark Willow
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Dark Willow » Sat May 05, 2012 8:17 pm

I've been involved other collaborative online projects where I've seen this exact same thing happening, i.e. the founder of the project disappears, only for the others to find that only he had the hosting details or some other key information. I strongly reccomend that community sites make sure that all key members in such teams make sure they all have duplicates of any relevant information to prevent this sort of thing - or at least a framework in place to ensure crucial information is past on before a member leaves.
TT030, 10mb/16mb, 3.5" SCSI multi-card reader (2gb CF/512mb SD), Matrix TC1006 gfx card, EtherNEC, Epson GT scanner, VanillaMint | 1040STe, 4mb, TOS 1.62, MegaFile 60, SM125 | Lynx II | 800XL, 64k, 1050 disk drive, XC12 tape deck, MicroLink parallel adapter

PuppySoft:Projects & More

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Sat May 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Dark Willow has it right; redundancy rules! :)
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Wed May 16, 2012 11:16 am

Dark Willow wrote:I've been involved other collaborative online projects where I've seen this exact same thing happening, i.e. the founder of the project disappears, only for the others to find that only he had the hosting details or some other key information. I strongly reccomend that community sites make sure that all key members in such teams make sure they all have duplicates of any relevant information to prevent this sort of thing - or at least a framework in place to ensure crucial information is past on before a member leaves.

I certainly wouldn't fall for it again, and I doubt other ex Guardians members would either :!:

Social Media

Return to “Guardians of the PaST”