GST & Timeworks

The area to discuss, debate, and contribute to a project that is preserving all ST software for future generations to enjoy. Visit the Guardians of the PaST website.

Moderators: Goldrunner, Moderator Team, Guardians of the PaST

jefffenton
Atarian
Atarian

GST & Timeworks

Postby jefffenton » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:46 am

My name is Jeff Fenton and I founded GST which created First Word Plus and Timeworks Publisher for the ST starting in 1985. We are still going as a new company under the name of Greenstreet Online limited

www.greenstreet-online.com
www.greenstreetsoftware.com

Our Publisher 4.5 product runs on the PC and is the 7th upgrade of Timeworks Publisher. I think (but am not sure) the DTP files from an ST should open in Publisher 4 but font layouts will not match entirely.

We don't have any ST products (or indeed an ST anymore) but I am happy to help with historical information

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GST & Timeworks

Postby Mug UK » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Welcome aboard - my parents used to swear by Timeworks Publisher back in the old days. Ended up buying their own ST so I could get to use my own :)

Are you UK or US-based (I can't remember from the old days) - if UK based and you want a copy of your own programs for historical reasons, I've got some you can have.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Re: GST & Timeworks

Postby Goldrunner » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 am

jefffenton wrote:My name is Jeff Fenton and I founded GST which created First Word Plus and Timeworks Publisher for the ST starting in 1985. We are still going as a new company under the name of Greenstreet Online limited

Our Publisher 4.5 product runs on the PC and is the 7th upgrade of Timeworks Publisher. I think (but am not sure) the DTP files from an ST should open in Publisher 4 but font layouts will not match entirely.

We don't have any ST products (or indeed an ST anymore) but I am happy to help with historical information

Many thanks for getting in touch and also for offering to help. We had no idea that your company and products are still going strong after nearly 25 years, it's obvously a testament to your products and staff for your continued success.

I am very keen on adding application software to the database so I'm so glad you got in touch. I think the best course is for me to enter your products into the database and then for you to check for errors. We also like to do a biography for companies that develop and publish software, maybe you could help us with that also. We also write individual biographies for anybody responsible for these products, obviously this is a bit more personal so please feel free to pass on this area. The main thing is to get your products preserved and in the database, this includes Pasti images of the software and scans of all the packaging and related material.

I have had a quick look at some magazines and found other products your company developed that are not mentioned above, I have attached a couple of scans showing these. We would also like to add these to the database and would also welcome any help you can give us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Social Media

Return to “Guardians of the PaST”