Graphic glitches in sundog frozen legacy

A section to cover all the different problems encountered by running game x on system y! Whether it's as simple as a non-STE compatible game through to h/drive installable games. Discuss them all in here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tomahawk
Atarian
Atarian

Graphic glitches in sundog frozen legacy

Postby Tomahawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Game - Sundog Frozen Legacy.
I'm running this on the latest hatari 2.0. The graphic is fine when I'm in my cruiser or indoor. It is when I exit outsude the ship, either by walking or driving around, the graphic started to look all messed up ! Building squares and terrains and ship placements were all wrong and not in order. Anyone know how to fix this graphic glitches pls?

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Graphic glitches in sundog frozen legacy

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:21 pm

It may be bad crack or bad image. Pls. post here image source, TOS version .
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

Tomahawk
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Tomahawk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Being the impatient sort and wanting to play this fabulous game while waiting for reply earlier, I just switch TOS 2.06 with 1.62 and now the graphic is working fine. What luck :). Btw, how do I run run games from hard disk ?? Any benefits of doing so? Is it faster compare to floppy with fast-forward? Also I can't figure out where in ninth heaven is the option to change resolution, filter, vsnyc, aspect ratio and other display properties.

witchspace
Atarian
Atarian

Postby witchspace » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:19 pm

Yes, with TOS version 2.x the scrolling on the ground in Sundog is broken. I've looked at the assembly routine involved, which gets the display memory address with XBIOS logbase and simply copies memory to scroll by 32 or 40 pixels, but wasn't able to figure out why it fails. Possibly the handling of the framebuffer is subtly different between versions. In any case with TOS 1.x it works fine.

Social Media

Return to “Games - Compatibility Issues etc.”