Captain Blood (1988)

A section to cover all the different problems encountered by running game x on system y! Whether it's as simple as a non-STE compatible game through to h/drive installable games. Discuss them all in here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Orz
Atarian
Atarian

Captain Blood (1988)

Postby Orz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:11 am

So I download the cracked game from here: http://argnet.fatal-design.com/bluddian.php#Download

Download the cracked version of Captain Blood (839Kb)
This is the recommended version to use with versions 2.0 and above of Steem.

Then I downloaded and installed Steem following these instructions to the letter: http://steem.atari.st/beginners.htm

But I get stuck in step 12:

Go back to the main Steem window, click on the reset icon and then run by clicking on play. After working through the crackers' menu (press 5, then n), <game> should appear.

So I reset and play again. But what the hell is the cracker' menu? I press 5, then n, but game does not initiate. Could that be a bit more clear?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS: Hope this forum is still alive!

Zogging Hell
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Captain Blood (1988)

Postby Zogging Hell » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:20 pm

I tried that crack and it worked fine. You might want to download a different TOS image version (1.02) might be an idea if you are not using this. When you reset Steem the disk should load to the desktop. You then double click on the file in the window and a menu should load (this is the cracker menu you mentioned). It is basically a picture with a list of five games on the disk. Captain Blood is actually option number 3, so press 3 on the keyboard. After that the game should load. I think either you are not loading the right image or you have a incorrect TOS version.
Firebee, Falcon CT60, Milan 040, Falcon MkI, TT, Mega STe, Mega ST + Lots of STs of various flavours

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Humm... Noticed some errors on Klaz menus :? .

That game must have a look AFAIK there's an IKBD correction to apply (or something like this) : Mister SEAGAL can reply further than me :) .

No time to trace/check it ATM, let's try with the last version of SSE :) .

Orz
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Orz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Captain Blood is actually option number 3, so press 3 on the keyboard. After that the game should load. I think either you are not loading the right image or you have a incorrect TOS version.

Perhaps I'm missing something totally obvious/stupid, because I still cannot figure out how to exactly launch the game! I tried hitting 3 instead of 5. In fact, tried all numbers 1 thru 9. Perhaps a screencap could prove useful to show where I reach my stuck point:

Just to be on the same page, I got the UK version of TOS 1.02 and 2.06. And as per instructions, I'm using TOS 1.02. I crated an "hd" folder within Steem's folder where I dropped CAPBLD2.ST. Then I did exactly this:

Then I reset and play again and I get to the first image I posted.

Thanks for the prompt replies! :)

Zogging Hell
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Zogging Hell » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:56 pm

That's the GEM desktop (The ST's built in Windows alternative). Double click on the MENU_012.PRG icon using the mouse (like you would running a program on the PC or Mac). The program will then start bringing you to the menu. Then you press 3.
Firebee, Falcon CT60, Milan 040, Falcon MkI, TT, Mega STe, Mega ST + Lots of STs of various flavours

Orz
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Orz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:51 pm

Zogging Hell wrote:That's the GEM desktop (The ST's built in Windows alternative). Double click on the MENU_012.PRG icon using the mouse (like you would running a program on the PC or Mac). The program will then start bringing you to the menu. Then you press 3.

OMG, thanks! <3

Zogging Hell
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Zogging Hell » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:20 pm

No problem :)

Social Media

Return to “Games - Compatibility Issues etc.”