Hunter (Activision) on PSP (CaSTaway)

A section to cover all the different problems encountered by running game x on system y! Whether it's as simple as a non-STE compatible game through to h/drive installable games. Discuss them all in here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jamesbeat
Atari User
Atari User

Hunter (Activision) on PSP (CaSTaway)

Postby Jamesbeat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:27 am

Hi guys, this is my first post, sorry to jump straight in with a question...

I've been trying to get Hunter working on my PSP (CaSTaway, tos 1.02) without much luck.

It gets to the part where the game is about to begin, and then I get a black screen.
Castaway for the PSP is pretty clunky and has a lot of faults, but until now, compatibility problems haven't been one of them for me.
I've tried as many different versions of Hunter as I can find, and they all crash at the same point, ie. the part when the 3D graphical game environment should begin. I click 'start mission' and get the briefing, then the screen goes black.

The same copies of the game work ok on my Linux box and all but one of them works on my dedicated emulation machine (modded xbox). The one that doesn't work on the xbox (replicants crack with trainer IIRC) crashes at the same point as it does on my PSP.
This is pretty frustrating, as this game would be awesome on a handheld.

Since the game craps out just as the 3D graphics are supposed to launch, has anyone got any ponters for me for things to try?

howiecblet
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Hunter (Activision) on PSP (CaSTaway)

Postby howiecblet » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 am

I think the issue is related with graphics. The graphics format is not supporting or not compatible with the game. That's why the problem begins...

guythp
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Hunter (Activision) on PSP (CaSTaway)

Postby guythp » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:55 pm

That's weird as I'm sure I played Hunter on my Dreamcast using CaSTaway. Given that it's happening with all the versions of the game it sounds very much like an emulator issue. All I can suggest is contacting whoever ported it to the psp and being really, really nice. :)
The Hairy Pies

Social Media

Return to “Games - Compatibility Issues etc.”