Assistance with Ubuntu Hatari installed / runs but no floppy

A section to cover all the different problems encountered by running game x on system y! Whether it's as simple as a non-STE compatible game through to h/drive installable games. Discuss them all in here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

djresree
Atarian
Atarian

Assistance with Ubuntu Hatari installed / runs but no floppy

Postby djresree » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:54 am

I have installed Hatari from the Ubuntu software program and it runs great, running several different Atari TOS files with ease, including the free TOS that is out there. I, however, can not get past that to run ANY .st floppy disk image. Any image I try to "put" into the virtual floppy, the TOS says the drive is not responding. It does not matter if I reset the virtual system or not. I have tried in several different TOS versions to try to alleviate the issue and still, no go. I am curious, then, how in the world everyone seems to be thrilled with this emulator and has screen shots posted all over the web of games running in it! It befuddles me, to say the least.

I would like some help regarding this. I have gone through the manual, poring over the parts about floppy disks, images, etc and can not seem to find anything that would suggest I am doing something wrong. Thanks, in advance, for any assistance any one can provide.

Wesley Worthen

:?:

JonB
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Assistance with Ubuntu Hatari installed / runs but no fl

Postby JonB » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi Wes

I am going to assume that you know how to insert a disk in the "virtual" drive.

You may have sourced your .st files from a corrupt archive. I have downloaded quite a few like that. One thing you might try is to create a blank floppy and try to write something to it. Grab the attachment "Blank,st" and see if you can read the file that is on it.

Regards

JonB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Too many retro computers here: 1040STfm, Mega4, Ultrasatanx2 , Amiga A500, A500+ and A1200, Acorn Atom x2, BBC Micro, Electron, Spectrum 48k x2, +48, +128k, QL, Oric Atmos, ZX81, Memotech MTX512, Amstrad 6128 x2..

Social Media

Return to “Games - Compatibility Issues etc.”