Enchanted Land problems

A section to cover all the different problems encountered by running game x on system y! Whether it's as simple as a non-STE compatible game through to h/drive installable games. Discuss them all in here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ppera

Enchanted Land problems

Postby ppera » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:26 pm

Enchanted Land works fine with STE, 1040 STFM. But on my Mega ST it has garbled screen, scroll (similar as in Steem if not activating patch). Could be the reason that Mega ST has IMP brand Glue ? As game uses very advanced (and probably picky scrolling)...

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Enchanted Land problems

Postby bullis1 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:05 pm

Have you tried many different cracks yet? This could have been fixed already by somebody. Maybe it is also an issue with wake-up states. I can only recommend obvious tips because your question is a little vague. I haven't heard about this game being specifically incompatible with the Mega ST.
Member of the Atari Legend team

ppera

Postby ppera » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:04 am

Not crack problem. I replaced Glue in Mega ST and after it was OK. Then put back previous Glue, and it was OK again !
So, it was because of bad contact, for sure. What was confirmed by little experimenting with not 100% inserted chip.
Conclusion: Enchanted Land may serve as HW testing programm :D

pinkman
Atarian
Atarian

Postby pinkman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:04 am

ppera wrote:Enchanted Land works fine with STE, 1040 STFM. But on my Mega ST it has garbled screen, scroll (similar as in Steem if not activating patch). Could be the reason that Mega ST has IMP brand Glue ? As game uses very advanced (and probably picky scrolling)...

does enchanted land work fine with steem and saint emulators??

Social Media

Return to “Games - Compatibility Issues etc.”