Are ATARI Graphic artists still out there?

Post your requests for graphics for your demo / game here - or if you're searching for some old graphics you might have done on the Atari.

Moderator: Moderator Team

simoncam
Atari freak
Atari freak

Are ATARI Graphic artists still out there?

Postby simoncam » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi to the ATARI community!
After the release of Laserball for the ST I stumbled over another old GFA Basic Game-Torso I made in 1990 – a driving simulator… ok… kind of… it was a technical experiment on the mathematical background of making a road “move”. Well… I could not let go the past evenings and had a fairly good run … And it has become some kind of a complete anarchic “crash everything in your way” kind of thing… haven’t you ever dreamed of crashing into a tree and see it explode? And it don’t even slow you down! And yes: you can shoot rockets on everything in your path… for no apparent reason.
Here is a video of the current status.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA7OpLLwcxA

Its all very down technical at the moment. And the biggest thing missing: Some decent graphics!!! My cars look terrible! So does everything else! So before I go on creating a game out of this … ähhh… whatever it is…:
Is there a ATARI ST artist out there who would like to contribute some nice 16 Color graphics?
Oh yes… one thing before excitement hits too hard: This is written in GFA Basic (as I never mastered to learn anything else) The frame rate is faked by pushing the STeem emulator to 16mhz. So this will be an “emulator only” thing, as it plays with only 7FPS on a STE 8mhz setup…

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Are ATARI Graphic artists still out there?

Postby Mug UK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:54 pm

There are loads still beavering away. Be it games or for scene demos. It'll give your game a nice polish and bring it up to date if they can help you out.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

vinniethedweeb
Atarian
Atarian

Postby vinniethedweeb » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:32 pm

I liked what you did with your demo and if I can help at all would be happy to try to add a bit of gloss onto what you have done so far. I haven’t wheeled out my Atari graphics progs for a while though, being a bit more Photoshop based nowadays.

Can I ask a few questions to help pin down exactly what you need?
Max size in pixels of the car graphic (height & width). How may colours are you allocating to it?
Would you need more than 1 image, i.e. one rear view plus a second 3/4 angle for cornering.
Any need for 2 animation states for each car image for a spinning wheel effect.
What type of car? You might have in mind this is a saloon race or maybe its something more exotic - Maclaren F1, Dick Dastardly’s car?
What file format do you need your images in?
Based on the above I could probably have a go at knocking up a quick png file for to mull over just to see if its going in the right direction. If you get a few others to jump in on this maybe you’ll end up with a nice library of cars! I think your tree might need a bit of help too...

farvardin
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby farvardin » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:50 pm

sometimes the car seems to float a bit, but otherwise it looks cool, especially the road going up and down...

simoncam
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby simoncam » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi! Vinniethedweeb, you have a private message! Best, Thomas

Social Media

Return to “Requests”