Problem viewing NEO pictures in XnViewMP 0.83

Discuss your favourite artists, styles, art packages and much more in this section

Moderator: Moderator Team

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Problem viewing NEO pictures in XnViewMP 0.83

Postby Cogweasel » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:45 am

I am a big fan of the media browser XnViewMP and use is pretty much daily. It can read about a metric ton of different weird media formats, including some ST picture formats, like Degas and Neochrome. But I am having this somewhat weird issue with NEO files(might apply to other formats as well), when I open XnView in a folder containing NEO files I can see the thumbs for a brief moment, but they then disappear from the file list. If I use the "Open With" command in Windows to open a NEO file directly in XnView, it opens fine and I can see it for a few seconds and then it disappears and is replaced by the next non NEO image file in the file list.

I realise I should probably post about this over at the XnView site, but I am not registered there so I thought I would ask here first, since I know that here's some XnView users hanging out here. Did have a search in their forums, but found no info about this...

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem viewing NEO pictures in XnViewMP 0.83

Postby Zorro 2 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi,

Same problems with XNVIEW Full version with Windows X, but only with my computer and not on my laptop, weird ? It seems a recurrent problem with the INI or REGISTER profile saving. I don't find any solution of this issue for the moment and I need to open PI1 picture with an another program...

Keep inform you in this thread if you find a fix :)

Cheers.
Member of NoExtra Team

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Problem viewing NEO pictures in XnViewMP 0.83

Postby Cogweasel » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Zorro 2 wrote:Hi,

Same problems with XNVIEW Full version with Windows X, but only with my computer and not on my laptop, weird ? It seems a recurrent problem with the INI or REGISTER profile saving. I don't find any solution of this issue for the moment and I need to open PI1 picture with an another program...

Keep inform you in this thread if you find a fix :)

Cheers.

Thanks for replying! :) Ok, I did actually read something about this, but the thread was so old that I assumed this problem was fixed ages ago. Also the problem didn't seem to be the same as mine. Weird thing is that for me the Degas and SPC files works fine... :shrug:

Social Media

Return to “Discussion”