.ST browser - plugin for Total Commander

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: .ST browser - plugin for Total Commander

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:23 pm

I talking about floppies because ST browser is such Total Commander plugin.
But what I described is practically what you want: just try it. Of course, that longer LFN will be converted to some ugly names with ~ and numbers in. There is no way for automatic renaming them to something nice and tasty. You need to do it manually. But if filename is not longer than 8.3, it will be properly capitalized - all letters will be capital. Just turn on "Use long name" after copy, and all files will be shown as will look on Atari - with capital letters.
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks looks like I may be on the wrong thread :( Sorry to pollute

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Sorry for reviving a somewhat old thread, but I just installed this plug-in and I can't quite get it to work. It opens the .ST files, but they are always empty. Is it still working with newer versions of Total Commander? I am using TC V 8.52a, I have tried both the 32- and 64-bit versions.

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:43 am

Plugin doesn't work with 64bit TC but should works quite ok with 32bit TC (I use it with 8.51).
That plugin doesn't support ST/MSA files which don't have a valid GEMDOS file system.
I can open most ST/MSA files which have a proper ST file system but I know that there are some valid .ST files which are not properly recognized. In case of an issue you can try to open ST/MSA with Steem/Hatari.
I'd like to correct my plugin but unfortunately a few years ago I lost my source code.
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks for replying Cyprian! I have tried it a bit further in 32bit TC, but still the same. The file always opens, with no errors, and its always empty. I am currently recovering some of my old work disks and they work fine, well mostly :), in STEEM. They are as far as I understand it , properly GEMDOS formatted disks. I have tested a lot of different disks, probably something wrong on my end, wonder what though. But I can still recover my files, your plug-in just seemed really convenient! Besides I can't manage without my Total Commander :)

Bummer about the lost source code! Still,thanks for the plugin, it's always great to see people keeping the ST alive!

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:06 am

Thanks.
Can you provide me that ST file?
I'd like to verify where I did a mistake with my plugin. And I'll try to create a new one.
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:42 am

You can check your ST/MSA image files with this: http://atari.8bitchip.info/floimgd.php
Open Another Image File, then File Transfer . If you don't see files there, it is most likely not FAT12 format, or data is corrupted. Disk geometry displayed at top may give some clue too. Normally it is 9 or 10 sectors/track , 1 or 2 sides, 80 cylinders.
I was thinking about using code from it for TC plugin. But really have no such big experience in C programming.
Cyprian: where to look for some guide about TC plugin coding ? Well, I guess that there is such on TC home page :-), but maybe you know more .
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks for the link AtariZoll! The files show up in the Floppy Image program, but not in TC. Must be something wonky with my TC ...

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:11 pm

I have figured it out now! For some reason the ST files was opened by my TC ISO plug-in instead of the Juliet one. No idea why that happened, but once I changed it, its now working! Thanks for your help guys and thank you Cyprian for an awesome plug-in!

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:35 pm

Cogweasel nice to hear that :)

AtariZoll wrote:I was thinking about using code from it for TC plugin. But really have no such big experience in C programming.

Cool idea. You have really good knowledge and needed code.

AtariZoll wrote:Cyprian: where to look for some guide about TC plugin coding ? Well, I guess that there is such on TC home page :-), but maybe you know more .

Pera it was 10 year ago, but if I remember correctly I got all needed details from TC page.

BTW would be cool if you were add "Delete File" button to your great DRimg tool :)

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:09 pm

Cyprian wrote:..
BTW would be cool if you were add "Delete File" button to your great DRimg tool :)

Thanx Cyprian. I can add button easily, but code for deleting will be little harder :mrgreen:

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:01 pm

button will be fine :)

Regarding TC plugin, there you can find a source code for ADF TC plugin http://www.coderbug.rs/projects/amigadx
Just let me know whether you're going to create .ST/MSA plugin. If no I'll try to recreate my Juliet plugin.

Social Media

Return to “Other emulators & tools”