copy discs info

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

ficusok
Atarian
Atarian

copy discs info

Postby ficusok » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:46 pm

Hi all ...have the game alternate reality dungeon this is a cracked game i wish to save the game to new discs for safe keeping as its not an easy game to come by and was also expensive so how do i copy this on the atari 65xe and do i need a utility disc

thanks ficusok

ggn
Atari God
Atari God

Postby ggn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:17 pm

Expensive..... crack???

Do a google search and you'll find it easily on the net.

Now, if you want to copy it to other disks you need a disk duplicator. Unfortunately no name comes to mind right now but like above a google search (particularly if you search google groups on comp.sys.atari.8bit) you'll find plenty of sources for applications, games, utils, etc.

HTH
George
is 73 Falcon patched atari games enough ? ^^

ficusok
Atarian
Atarian

expensive crack

Postby ficusok » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:50 pm

thanks for info...yep a lot of bidders for this game and the ultima games are just as bad

FICUSOK

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: copy discs info

Postby ijor » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:41 pm

ficusok wrote:have the game alternate reality dungeon this is a cracked game i wish to save the game to new discs for safe keeping

I don't understand. You want to make backups of a cracked version, or of the original disks.

One of the original disks is heavily copy protected. You won't be able to back it up without special hardware.

But this title is not very rare. It sometimes get high prices because it is a popular title.

ficusok
Atarian
Atarian

Postby ficusok » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:09 pm

Hi ....yep its definitely a cracked version by someone named hacker cracker.. and yes it is well sort after game.. bid on it each time it came up ... had to bid against 9 or 10 bidders every time i finally won it at £20 plus postage i did not know it was cracked though and for that price i want to make a copy

ficusok

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:12 am

It's an original disk overwritten with a cracked version (professionally printed disk labels)? Or is a plain home made disk? If the latter, then you should request your money back. The seller could have lot of troubles if you report him as selling pirated software on Ebay.

Regarding making a backup. If it's a crack then no worth your effort. Cracks for virtually every game, including that one are already available on the net. A good place for Atari 8-bit images is http://www.atarimania.com

ggn
Atari God
Atari God

Postby ggn » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:13 am

Judging by the above posts you were probably scammed. Or did you really want a rare crack of the game?
is 73 Falcon patched atari games enough ? ^^

ficusok
Atarian
Atarian

Postby ficusok » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:50 pm

Hi all firstly i have to agree with what ggn says... as i'v always bought the original games i bought this game when it first came out... the altertnate reality i bought came from the USA the seller seems to have stopped selling now...so perhaps he's already been reported it came in the correct packet... but as asked the game is on ordinary discs with printed lables ..as luck has it the game plays well... i do use atarimania and have the game on my pc... but i dont know how to get it all together not that good with pc's and dont understand what i'm doing ... also i saw a lot of moans because one of the stats cleared itself on restarting the game... so as i'm getting on in age with memory probs and all the rest that goes with it i tend to balls every thing up ...if i could get an original i would...will let you know if i ever find one and can afford to win it :)

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:10 pm

Is this it? Seems you can download all the disks online there, and if so, you were indeed scammed (unless the guy stated that what he was selling wasn't an original).

Doh! :)
tá'n poc ar buile!

ficusok
Atarian
Atarian

Postby ficusok » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:05 pm

ok Desty yes i did download the dungeon onto pc but still in bits never was able to get it working.. and like i said there was some moans about one of the stats did'nt work to well earlier in the posts on here ...forgot which one it was... i'm happy with what i have won on ebay... it plays fine i'v now got most of the old games i used to play all those years ago and i'm happy with that although it took a long time i did it my way :D

As for your referance to your father... keep looking in the mirror as time goes by... maybe you will look like that to :)

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:50 am

ficusok wrote:As for your referance to your father... keep looking in the mirror as time goes by... maybe you will look like that to :)
I'm not worried about that - he's quite a handsome chap really! :)
It's just a quote from an old, very strange but funny tape of some kind of comedy gig I used to have...

ficusok wrote:it plays fine i'v now got most of the old games i used to play all those years ago and i'm happy with that although it took a long time i did it my way :D
Well, ultimately, if you're happy and it works, that's what counts!
tá'n poc ar buile!

Social Media

Return to “Other emulators & tools”