ARanyM suddenly hates Disk images?

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

FatRakoon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

ARanyM suddenly hates Disk images?

Postby FatRakoon » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 am

This is a weird one... I know iots me, Im sure its me, but I dont know what or why?

I am messing about with ARanyM, Im using Windows 10 64Bit, however it does the same thing on Linux and Windows 7 and even XP
I am also using Hatari, and I am not haveing the same issues with that as I am with ARanyM

Weidly, I was trying to get all the files I have from my old GEMulator Images, onto my ARanyM Images and things were going just fine, but then all of a sudden, the emulator would not boot properly?

After having a play, I suddenly find, that it hates all teh disk images I try with it, and it keeps spitting out a message in the DOS Window

IO read(f00000h) with drq == 0: last command was 20h

It just spits this out all the time?

Also, when I try to even create a disk image, it is always got errors in the boot sector.

For example, the hdimage.80 drive image that is for Hatari and has 4 partitions on it... When I use that and then make a new disk image over it, I end up not with a file that is 82,069 in size, but I get either 81,648 or 82,152 ( I think I set the cylinders on one but the other is stock ) and so the file is different in size, but again, when I try to create a single partition on this, it fails.

It does it on every disk image I try to make? - weirdly, I have crearted a number of images that all seem to work just fine in Hatari, just not in ARanyM.

Now comes the really wierd bit...

I have backups of everythign I do, and so the fully working stuff that I have not done any experiments on, were copied to a Windows 7 Laptop and they too wont read anymore?

I then did the same thing on my Linux Laptop, and so I started completely from scratch with using newly downlaoded files and they still wont read in ARanyM?

What the hell have I done?
MSTE @ 16Mhz : 4MB+8MB : Magic & Jinnee
TT030 @ 32Mhz : 10+16MB : Magic & Jinnee
Falcon060 @ 95Mhz : 16+512MB : MiNT & Jinnee
More PCs than PC World has... Probably

Playmobil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: ARanyM suddenly hates Disk images?

Postby Playmobil » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:10 am

Have you tested with both Emutos & TOS4.04 ?

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: ARanyM suddenly hates Disk images?

Postby ThorstenOtto » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:26 pm

What version of Aranym are you using (i guess it is the last release of 1.02)? And what TOS version?

FatRakoon wrote:I suddenly find, that it hates all teh disk images I try with it, and it keeps spitting out a message in the DOS Window
IO read(f00000h) with drq == 0: last command was 20h

That was an unintentional debug message, but other than spamming the console, it should be harmless. It has already been fixed quite some time ago.

Also, when I try to even create a disk image, it is always got errors in the boot sector.

How do you create it, using the SDL gui of aranym?

I get either 81,648 or 82,152

That is maybe just because it is rounding down to the number sectors/cylinder (usually 63).

when I try to create a single partition on this, it fails.

Which tool are you using for partitioning? And do you have byteswap enabled for the image in Aranym?

I started completely from scratch with using newly downlaoded files and they still wont read in ARanyM?

I'm a bit confused. Which files did you download?

Sorry, but you really have to be a bit clearer what you tried to do, which versions of what you are using, which settings etc.

Social Media

Return to “Other emulators & tools”