How to transfer file from Host OS to DebianSarge (Linux/m68k) running on ARanyM ?

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

nicks123
Atarian
Atarian

How to transfer file from Host OS to DebianSarge (Linux/m68k) running on ARanyM ?

Postby nicks123 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:15 am

Hi,
I am running linux/m68k Debian sarge on Atari. I need to get some files on this emulated machine running linux. Does anybody know the procedure of doing this ?

Thanks In advance :)

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Re: How to transfer file from Host OS to DebianSarge (Linux/m68k) running on ARanyM ?

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:07 am

nicks123 wrote:Hi,
I am running linux/m68k Debian sarge on Atari. I need to get some files on this emulated machine running linux. Does anybody know the procedure of doing this ?

Several methods, over network (either with e.g. Ssh or by packaging the files and setting up your own additional package repository), by mounting the aranym disk image on host, or creating a separate disk image for the files and mounting that also from Aranym. Last one is easiest, just use a file system supported both by Aranym & host, e.g. FAT.

nicks123
Atarian
Atarian

Re: How to transfer file from Host OS to DebianSarge (Linux/m68k) running on ARanyM ?

Postby nicks123 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Hey thanks for the suggestions :) it worked.... What I did was :,
1. I created a floppy drive image in ext2 raw format
2. Accessed it in a linux system with mount and placed my files.
3. I used floppy = in Aranym config to specify the floppy drive
4. then mounted the floppy in linux m68k at atari side

The following link is very helpful ,
http://wiki.aranym.org/afs/floppy_unix

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:56 pm

One reason why I though FAT easy, is because Hatari emulator has scripts that create hard disk images from directory contents and floppy images from ZIP files, with Atari TOS compatible FAT file systems. I'm pretty sure Aranym can read those too. :-)

But EXT2 is better for transferring unix files (long filenames, correct owner/access rights).

One more option would be to setup e.g. local NFS server and mount your host disk that way, or use local FTP/HTTP server from Aranym. Local Apache server is probably easiest if you've already setup networking from Aranym to/through your host.

Social Media

Return to “Other emulators & tools”