Debian repository for Atari games.

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

jahvascriptmaniac
Atarian
Atarian

Debian repository for Atari games.

Postby jahvascriptmaniac » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi ! I'm running on Linux Ubuntu Edgy Eft and I just can't find a repository containing loads of Atari stuff. This way it would be much easier for Linux people to use these fun ST games.

The depot should contain :
- Steem Hatari and others.
- TOS images (I know, they're not free, but you can manage to make copyrighted stuff go on a repository legally, eg. ask the user if they already have an ST and then what's their TOS version).
- Games hosted on Atari Legend.
- Other games.

Just thought it would be nice to do it :)
while test 0; do dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null; done

Lautreamont
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Debian repository for Atari games.

Postby Lautreamont » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:16 pm

I'm sure I've seen Hatari in the testing/unstable release of Debian.
I built mine from sources though.

Steem is -- in Debian terms -- not free, like Saint. Truth to be told, I believe anything Atari related (except Hatari itself) is not free.

The purpose of Debian is mainly to share free software, with a so extended "free" that selling a computer with Windows installed on it is a human right violation.

What you're asking is incompatible with the Debian policy, and no packager who also wants to become the "Debian Project Leader" will dare to maintain Atari stuff.

NiceGuyUK
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby NiceGuyUK » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:35 am

True, but there are many "unofficial" repositories for Debian/Ubuntu. For example, the one where I get all my proprietary codecs from and the one with the SVN branch of Beryl

I'll try to read up on how to make a deb repository and see if I can host one. Just don't expect it too soon, I don't have a lot of spare time these days!
Also known as Big Boss Man of Demografica

jahvascriptmaniac
Atarian
Atarian

Postby jahvascriptmaniac » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:47 pm

I don't fear compilation and package-building, so I don't need it now personally, but I know it's not the same for quite a lot of people :)

If you need a little help, I'll be happy to offer mine (I'm not a guru, but I already know quite a lot about Linux). Just post on this forum.
while test 0; do dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null; done

wm.m.thompson
Atarian
Atarian

Postby wm.m.thompson » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:21 am

After a lot of stuggle, I got Mepis, not Debian, installed on my laptop. For some reason, I could not tweek the video driver just right to get Debian working.

My question is this. Is Debian superior enough to justify my going back and trying to retry installing Debian now that I can look at the command line and see what my laptop's video settings are?

Social Media

Return to “Other emulators & tools”