interview section online

Atari Legend talk.

Moderators: Klapauzius, Moderator Team

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

interview section online

Postby ST Graveyard » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:22 pm

Atarilegend has been updated! hope you like it!

Hello everybody,

Even though the sun has been shining the past days and it is pretty hard to sit in front of a screen, it still is with great pleasure that we announce this new update. As you might have noticed, another button at the left side is now clickable! Yes, the interview section is up and running. At the moment there isn't that much in there, but keep on checking the site in the days to come for more interesting conversations with ST celebs!

Also, some of you might have noticed that the site has gotten a little cosmetic change. The width is now fixxxed. So everybody with a res higher than 1024*768 will be seeing the template borders. It might feel a bit weird, but give it a chance. Now everybody can witness the site alignment as it should be!

cheers,
Maarten
We are Atari Legend.

Visit us at : http://www.atarilegend.com

Youtube
Facebook
Twitter

Sister site :
Stonish.net

X3peri_MENTaL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby X3peri_MENTaL » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:10 pm

Nice one. I hope we will be seeing interviews with some of the famous (or should that be 'infamous') crackers and their brushes with F.A.S.T. (Federation Against Software Theft). Their weekly raids on the Glasgow 'Barras' was legendary or was that just an urban myth ????????????

X3peri_MENTaL

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:20 pm

Hey Exp ... glad to hear you like it!

Brume will be adding his interviews from PACIGAME, but we have to discuss when, since the menu section isn't ready yet.

Stay tuned for more interviews and other goodies!
We are Atari Legend.

Visit us at : http://www.atarilegend.com

Youtube
Facebook
Twitter

Sister site :
Stonish.net

punkrulesok
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby punkrulesok » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:26 pm

X3peri_MENTaL wrote:Nice one. I hope we will be seeing interviews with some of the famous (or should that be 'infamous') crackers and their brushes with F.A.S.T. (Federation Against Software Theft). Their weekly raids on the Glasgow 'Barras' was legendary or was that just an urban myth ????????????

X3peri_MENTaL

I have been to the Barras quite a few times. The piracy scene there is huge.
One incident stands out. I found a stall there, selling PC stuff, and was reading the list of games. I told the guy what I wanted, and he worte the disk numbers down on a piece of paper, and left it on the table. He said "be ready in 5 mins". I was puzzled, as I didnt know how he was going to get me the disks. Then I realised that there was a guy leaning out the window a few stories above us with binoculars! He read what was on the paper that the guy wrote on, and copyed the disks, well out of reach of any FAST guys :lol:
When he had copyed the disks, he gave them to some little kid, who must have run down the stairs, and gave them to the guy I was talking to.. Madness.

Back in the ST and Amiga hay-day, walking around the Barras, you wouldnt have to go far to see FCOPY or XCOPY running, and people looking through piles of disks.
All in all, there must have been alot of money changing hands on a sunday afternnoon there ;)

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:38 pm

Copying some soft is one thing but doing it for money is really ugly IMHO.

Nice story however :)
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:01 pm

simonsunnyboy wrote:Copying some soft is one thing but doing it for money is really ugly IMHO.

Some of you probably don’t realize that this sort of stuff was actually “semi-legal” in many countries.

In my country nobody could afford to use original software those days. The software was already expensive enough for us at F.O.B. (the price at USA or Europe), when you consider the currency exchange rate. To that you would need to add expensive shipping and outrageous custom fees.

The companies selling the hardware here were obviously very well aware of this. They knew they wouldn’t sell any computer if they wouldn’t tolerate this. Furthermore, not only they tolerated the piracy, they actually encouraged it one way or the other.

And yes, those companies included the “official” dealers for Atari, Commodore, Spectrum and many others.

So you could “buy” pirated software at virtually any computer shop.

Social Media

Return to “Atari Legend Forum”