Atari Legend FTP

Atari Legend talk.

Moderators: Klapauzius, Moderator Team

bjjones37
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby bjjones37 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:49 pm

aktiv8 wrote:Don't see how someone could have an FTP site the same name, the IP address which the FTP 'name' resolves too wouldn't allow it... It's just like you can't have two http://www.microsoft.com or whatever.

I see what you are getting at but I am still baffled as to why I sometimes get two completely different sets of folders at the same URL. :?
Courtesy is not an option.

The Byte
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby The Byte » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:58 am

Hi!

New Update....

missing BSW GCD´s 19, 24, 25 and 33 upped......

...The Byte / TCE

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:51 pm

The Byte wrote:Hi!

New Update....

missing BSW GCD´s 19, 24, 25 and 33 upped......

...The Byte / TCE

Hi The Byte,

Ok, thanks for the new releases :)
have writtent a first news on AL website with 4 compilations. Will write another one in a couple of hours.
Thanks,
Brume.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:51 pm

Almost all the missing ones from the "Blue" collection will be uploaded later on tonight.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm

I like you very much muggie :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:21 pm

Uploading the Blue ones now ..

... also started on the "Green" set too .. but the disks 02 through to 18-odd are in Macintosh format as disk 001 is the emulator.

What tool images up these disks?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:36 pm

Hi Muguk,

muguk wrote:Uploading the Blue ones now ..

... also started on the "Green" set too .. but the disks 02 through to 18-odd are in Macintosh format as disk 001 is the emulator.

I'm not an expert on Mac, but I think it depends on which emulator and hardware he used.

The main question is if you can read those disks at the sector level or not. If you do, then you should be able to use any image tool that let you manually specify the geometry. I think Magic Sac used 10 sectors per track, 80 tracks, both single or double sided.

If you don't, then they are in native MAC format. Considering that Harry had a Discovery Cartridge, this is a possibility. You might use the Discovery Cartridge to make images, or to convert them to (Magic Sac) ST format.

But not sure anything of this should be useful. If they are Mac software, then perhaps they belong more at a Mac ftp server than at an Atari one. Except of course, the actual emulation disk(s).

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Klapauzius » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:43 pm

muguk wrote:but the disks 02 through to 18-odd are in Macintosh format as disk 001 is the emulator.

I had been using a Mac emu on the ST called "Aladdin" and I am quite sure that this one was able to handle original Mac disks!
So the ST FDC should be able to cope with them....
OTOH, my memory may play tricks on me ;-)

Klaz

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:57 pm

Klapauzius wrote:I had been using a Mac emu on the ST called "Aladdin" and I am quite sure that this one was able to handle original Mac disks!
So the ST FDC should be able to cope with them....
OTOH, my memory may play tricks on me ;-)

It can't handle "classic" original MAC disks. Different encoding and different (variable) rotation speed.

But later MACs used standard PC format. I don't know exactly when MAC switched to standard MFM format. And I'm not sure if they ever supported double density, might be high density only.

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Klapauzius » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:07 pm

ijor wrote:It can't handle "classic" original MAC disks. Different encoding and different (variable) rotation speed.

Ok, have been fooled by my memories then ;-)

Klaz

The Byte
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby The Byte » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:15 am

Brume wrote:Hi The Byte,

Ok, thanks for the new releases :)
have writtent a first news on AL website with 4 compilations. Will write another one in a couple of hours.
Thanks,
Brume.

GREAT, Big TNX...

UPDATE...... -> BSW GCD 17v2 & 38v2 upped......

...The Byte / TCE

EDIT: The last 2 missing GCD Menus now online ! All old BSW GCD Menu´s now aviable.... :-) Now is Time for the next Projects............ :-)
Last edited by The Byte on Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:25 am

Made a bit of an error with the initial Green ones I uploaded.

a) they're still in MSA and not ZIPped

b) I didn't name them all properly before uploading - have fixed some of them late last night

c) One of the disks wouldn't image in MSA so I did a test in STEEM disk imager, but forgot to run the DISKJOIN on the 2 files before uploading.

What can I say .. it was late, I was tired from travelling and I made a few errors ;-)

With Klaz's help, will be fixing the remaining missing ones which are still copy-protected. Will (initially) replace the protected .PRG/PRO files with the unprotected ones from other cracks .. then if none found, will use tools like Disector to "crack" them.

In theory, there should only be 2 disks missing from the Blue section - one due to corruption (Flight Sim 2, Europe disk - Blue 034) and the other because it contained personal information from Uncle Harry.

I've also attached below a pic from his nephew of Uncle Harry .. this will be on the CD and the CD Cover when the collection is ready to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ruthless
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby ruthless » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:15 pm

Worked for me first time -many, many thanks for this great ftp site :)

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:26 pm

you mean the atari legends FTP ruthless?

bodkinz (if it is then YES it's a nice site ;))
someone post something, i'm bored :)

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:29 pm

updating brume's list with stuff he has... getting too drunk so i gave up.. some groups had a very difficult to see font... my eyes are going.. i'm old and decepid (decepit) so i can't see too well... but i'm trying... very trying at times ;)

bodkinz
someone post something, i'm bored :)

MetalSnake
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby MetalSnake » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:19 am

Hello, I just downloaded Floppyshop Gold CD - #2 (magazines).rar from the ftp, but I can´t unrar it as I get the messages "The archive header is corrupt" and "Unexpected end of archive" , has anybody else this problem and what can I do about it except redownload the file?

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:29 am

Winrar has a built in repair function... see if that one can do any magic. :)

I quickly downloaded to file in question and tested it and I get no errors so atleast there is nothing wrong with the file... something went wrong in the transmission I guess. :(

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:52 am

It was packed using WinRAR v3.30 .. if you're using an older version, it won't unpack it.

MetalSnake
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby MetalSnake » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:14 am

Sorry forgot to say that I´m on Mac OS X 10.3
I tried unrar 3.30 for mac now and I get the same error :(

btw: on what connection is the ftp?

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:21 am

MetalSnake wrote:btw: on what connection is the ftp?

If you're refering to the connection.... the speed of the ftp is limited to 10Mbit due to the network card. There is also alot of traffic on it so I suppose the speed can vary quite alot.

Why? You get a bad connection?

Silver

MetalSnake
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby MetalSnake » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:42 am

Silver Surfer wrote:

If you're refering to the connection.... the speed of the ftp is limited to 10Mbit due to the network card. There is also alot of traffic on it so I suppose the speed can vary quite alot.

Silver

Because you said you downloaded the file just 10 minutes later so was wondering if I get a bad connection. I get around 10-40k I´m fine with it.

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:50 am

MetalSnake wrote:
Silver Surfer wrote:

Silver

Because you said you downloaded the file just 10 minutes later so was wondering if I get a bad connection. I get around 10-40k I´m fine with it.

Ah, I have the server in the other room so I get a nice download/upload speed. :wink:

WYSIWYG-uk
Atarian
Atarian

Postby WYSIWYG-uk » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:06 pm

hi.

sorry ywah i know i am a noobie here

but pleaaaase can i have access to the ftp for st games

would be most greatfull. 8)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:20 pm

You need an FTP program first.

Then add a new site to the Site Manager (or whatever your FTP program calls the list of FTP sites).

Address: ftp.atarilegend.org

Login: not needed
Password: not needed

Click on connect, then double-click on the "pub" folder and start looking at the disks.

They will all be disk images, so you will need to download the .ZIP / .RAR file, unpack the disk image inside and then run it via STeem, Saint or transfer it to a real ST.
Last edited by Mug UK on Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:52 pm

there is no need for a ftp client... though it is very practical. Just open the following url with your browser : ftp://ftp.atarilegend.org

Social Media

Return to “Atari Legend Forum”