ST Format website UPDATED!

Atari Legend talk.

Moderators: Klapauzius, Moderator Team

Jezzer
Atarian
Atarian

ST Format website UPDATED!

Postby Jezzer » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Get a blast from the past at the recently updated ST Format website; http://www.stformat.com

I've added some of the key news articles, game reviews, news features, hardware & software reviews and adverts from down the years, from Britain’s best selling mag for the ST.

I'll be adding more articles & reviews over the coming months, but the pace will admittedly be slow! UNLESS... you have any articles you would like to add!? If so, drop me a mail at feedback@stformat.com with the text from the article & relevant mag details etc, and I'll add, upload and give full credits to you in the article.

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Re: ST Format website UPDATED!

Postby Marakatti » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Excellent work! Congratulations. May I however ask, why don't you just scan the whole pages? Would speed up the project quite a lot.
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

Jezzer
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Jezzer » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:46 am

Hi, thanks for your comments

Yeah, I considered the option of putting the full page scans up - like the excellent Amiga Magazine Rack site.

I kinda like having the actual text though, so you can copy / paste into other docs etc and perform text searches. Also viewers can increase text size etc to make it easier to read. Holding the actual text and small graphics files is also more space and bandwidth friendly and I don’t have a lot of server space :o( I think I’d also see my monthly bandwidth allocation evaporate before my eyes with full page scans!

Maybe in the future I could do both though – full page scan and the text version.

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Jezzer wrote:Holding the actual text and small graphics files is also more space and bandwidth friendly and I don’t have a lot of server space :o( I think I’d also see my monthly bandwidth allocation evaporate before my eyes with full page scans!

Maybe in the future I could do both though – full page scan and the text version.

Maybe try this excellent free 10GB storage site http://www.humyo.com/ where you can use it like your usual ISP server space. I signed up a year or two ago and really like it.

I would also like to see full page scans or at least maybe have the option of buying a DVD-ROM of everything in the future.

MRAtari
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MRAtari » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 am

nice site!

makes it all so much easier

are the grey'd out ones you have missing? or just haven't got around to it yet?

anyway i was having a look on ebay at some of these and there's a listing with loads of them with cover disks and some fantastic pictures :)

nothing to do with me but there could be some of your "missing" mags in there...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Atari-ST-STE-Falc ... 286.c0.m14

Social Media

Return to “Atari Legend Forum”