Merry Xmas 2008 / Hope there's a 2009!

Atari Legend talk.

Moderators: Klapauzius, Moderator Team

Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Merry Xmas 2008 / Hope there's a 2009!

Postby Grunaki » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Not that I'm anything to do with Atari Legend itself, just thought I would kick off the Christmas greetz thread..

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2008!

(And hopefully the site's back on-line in 2009..) ;)
Thermopylae is now an Enemy Island!

StickHead
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Merry Xmas 2008 / Hope there's a 2009!

Postby StickHead » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Grunaki » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:41 am

ATARI LEGEND! WHERE ARE YOOOOOOooooooooouuuuu?????

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:59 pm

It's still being worked on - site is down due to investigations by the hosting company. About what I've no idea as of yet.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:30 pm

muguk wrote:It's still being worked on - site is down due to investigations by the hosting company. About what I've no idea as of yet.

No way.... 8O

Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Grunaki » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:34 am

What are they trying to figure out?

If it's the same site?

Of course it's not.

One site is about oily, sweaty people manhandling one another and the other is about Greek Wrestling.

;)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:02 am

I don't really get all this web-hosting malarky, but apparently someone - or a group of 'leet web haxors' (yawn!) - have taken it upon themselves to consistently try to break into AL and/or do denial of service attacks on it. Why they're doing this, I've no idea!

We're trying to work out a solution with the bloke who hosts the site (Mark Durban) as it's causing him problems as well as the hosting company he uses. His hosting company have lost clients due to the outage too so they want to upgrade Mark's service to handle all these attacks and that'll cost him an extra £200 a month!

So the site will be down for a while whilst all this is worked out. Silver Surfer is looking into the hosting side of things and I've got a mate on the case as well so hopefully some good news soon.

We're still looking for a good PHP coder who can help us link up with AtariMania when they're live but, for the time being, AL is offline.

We were going to announce Marcer's DVD on AL, along with the news about Brume's new baby but we couldn't. Ah well, c'est la vie.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:20 pm

muguk wrote:I don't really get all this web-hosting malarky, but apparently someone - or a group of 'leet web haxors' (yawn!) - have taken it upon themselves to consistently try to break into AL and/or do denial of service attacks on it. Why they're doing this, I've no idea!

Oh, you mean 13 year old pubescent lonely angsty script kiddies? :D Poor bastards.

Has Mark collected the IPs of the wannabe-hackers and contacted their ISPs? Unless they're smarter than they appear, there's a good chance that they're attacking directly rather than through some IRC-controlled trojans on other victims' machines.
tá'n poc ar buile!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Apparently he's still waiting for that information .. until it turns up we are kind of in limbo. Pointless resurrecting the site elsewhere if the same script kiddies are going to keep attacking the site wherever it's hosted.

A mate of mine who hosts my site has - potentially - agreed to help out but can't do much at present as he's currently en route to France for a skiing holiday :) Plus he wants to take a look at the PHP code to see what he can add to it to bolster the defences etc.

I'd rather wait until it's all sorted, patched and defended properly than just rush it out but I'm leaving all those decisions to Silver Surfer as it's not my decision.

Although a "kind offer" was received from someone else but, regretfully, we've had to turn it down. Mainly because the domain name started with 'see you next Tuesday' ... so that kind of gives you a massive hint who was offering up this spare hosting :P

Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Grunaki » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:50 pm

muguk wrote:Although a "kind offer" was received from someone else but, regretfully, we've had to turn it down. Mainly because the domain name started with 'see you next Tuesday' ... so that kind of gives you a massive hint who was offering up this spare hosting :P

The Krays? ;)
(See you next Tuesday and we'll nail you head to a coffee table... 8O )

So any more updates as to what's going on?

Social Media

Return to “Atari Legend Forum”