Some good news but yet some bad news

Atari Legend talk.

Moderators: Klapauzius, Moderator Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Some good news but yet some bad news

Postby Mug UK » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:37 am

First the good news - we've set up a mini-group with some willing volunteers from Atari Forum to help tidy up/fix the errors in the Atari Legend database. A full list of all the bugs quashed will have to wait until they're *all* done but with the help of bullis1, unseen_menace and Dal_1978 (especially his PHP skills) we're quashing away!

Some bad news - part 1. Brume has retired from Atari Legend, Atari and retro-gaming in general. It's been coming for a long while due to the politics within the 'scene' and other personal issues. We're all sad to see him go. But life is life and you got to go out there and enjoy 'real life' at some point! Best of luck to Brume in whatever he does from now on - especially learning the bass guitar. The door will *always* be open for you should you ever want to come back ......

More bad news - part 2. We're all taking a long earned break here in Atari Legend. The site is, however, staying exactly where it is so don't panic! We're hardly likely to throw away almost 5 years worth of work now are we!

What we're up to at the moment:

Mug UK - I'm slowly wading through and cataloguing, PASTI'ing and scanning in the boxes of my sumptuous originals collection (oo-er!). Not run out of room yet... but the scanning etc. has kind of taken a back burner now I'm on Xbox Live and enjoying modern gaming

Klaz is working on other projects (mainly his h/drive & Falcon patched games) as well as other mini-projects here and there.

Marcer is still working on his Game DVD and his work for Elite in 2008.

Maartau is returning to his Empire resurrection project as well as helping Marcer out with his Game DVD.

DM - still buying originals for preservation. Hopefully he'll be at AC-2008 along with Maartau.

ICS - also semi-retired as more into creating subs for anime films

Goldrunner - continuing with his Guardians Of The Past project.

ST Graveyard - busy restoring classic sports cars!

Shredder - not enough hours in the day for him to get everything done he wants to do. He's still promising he'll MSA up the 1100 disks from a Belgium PD library ... one day.

Champions_2002 - still helping hack away at the AL database and fixing entries etc.

Some of us will be at the AC 2008 in the outskirts of Paris next month if you're in the area. I'll also be at the first e-Jagfest in Italy in July (which will be more like an all-forms-of-Atari event judging by what the hosts have been writing on the Jagfest.org BBS) and I'll (hopefully) also be at the EuroCon 2008 in Germany in October - dates as yet unconfirmed for this event.

This isn't the end of this site as it will keep on going - as per the good news above, expect a full list of all the bugs that have been fixed sometime soon.

As for it being the end of Atari Legend (as in the game-releasing side) - who knows?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Some good news but yet some bad news

Postby aktiv8 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:38 am

A definite shame, but totally understandable too on many fronts...

As we all know things like this site, retro gaming in general etc is a hobby of ours and sadly real life dictates we don;t always have the time we want for our hobbies etc.

I think I'm not the minority here in saying that the work teh AL team and all other Atari sceneners has been fantastic over the last five years or so and a well deserved break is, well, well deserved!

I doubt this will be the end of games etc, so I'll look forward to some great goodies etc in the future guys :)

PS: if there is anything I can ever help with let me know
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<

PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby PaulB » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:09 pm

It's a shame to see Brume leave the forum. You feel like to get to know people a bit after so many years of reading their posts. Good luck Brume in whatever you do next.

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Too bad, that Brume leaves the scene :( . With his pacidemo and pacigame he created two sites, that i used much some years ago for downloads and searching for disk-contents. Thanks for all your hard work, Brume.
I really hope, that AL will live on. Some parts never got finished and many of us are waiting to see them :wink: .
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:37 pm

I'd like to be able to help out.

The information that I'd like to be able to add to the database is hard drive compatibility.

I love my MegaSTe's hard drive and I am slowly going through all my favourite games and demo's and see if they can be run from hard drive. Either because they are filed and just work, because they work with Ppera's ImgRun or they have a fix by Dbug

[ProToS]

Postby [ProToS] » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:54 pm

Bad news :cry: , sometime we need a break, I have do this myself here two or three times (real life is ... real life :wink: )
SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

bj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby bj » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Thanks to all at AL for your work. Good luck to Brume. :) :(

"Row Row row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily merrily merrily merrily life is just a dream." :wink: :cheers:
regards
BJ

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Klapauzius » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am

alexh wrote:I'd like to be able to help out.
The information that I'd like to be able to add to the database is hard drive compatibility.

There is already a 'hard disk compatible' flag in the database, but it's only valid for the individual game downloads ('cracks') and not for the game title itself. Done this way because one version of a game might be HD compatible while a second one is not.
I guess it also isn't searchable yet, but that's one thing to add to our to-do list. :-)
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Zorro 2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:04 am

Dur ! Dur !

Brume reviens nous encore une fois :|
Member of NoExtra Team

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby bullis1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:59 pm

I've been a fan of AL for many years, and it's too bad to see the original group dissolve somewhat, but what's important is that all of their contributions are still around in the form of the Atari Legend website which is still thankfully active.

I'll make sure to continue to add to the site, and hopefully make the founders proud :cheers:
Member of the Atari Legend team

Avanze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Avanze » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Good luck to you, Brume.

Social Media

Return to “Atari Legend Forum”