atarilegend's menu tab/link

Atari Legend talk.

Moderators: Klapauzius, Moderator Team

User avatar
carmel_andrews
Atari maniac
Atari maniac
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:12 pm

atarilegend's menu tab/link

Postby carmel_andrews » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:35 am

there is an option on the main atarilegend's website that's called 'menus'

I noticed that it's not linking anywhere...is this intentional

will it be linknig anywhere in the future (i.e) covering all the pirate boot menu's available or will it just provide links to websites/ftp sites that cover these menu disks

User avatar
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 11210
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:16 pm
Location: Stockport (UK)
Contact:

Postby Mug UK » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:45 am

Patience my friend :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

User avatar
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:16 am
Location: France
Contact:

Postby Brume » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm sure you won't be disapointed since I've heard guys behind Atari Legend has the largest collection of menus in the world 8O

Of course there are just rumors, I can't confirm myself ;)

User avatar
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:31 pm
Location: Cardiff, South Wales

Postby aktiv8 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:06 pm

Brume wrote:I'm sure you won't be disapointed since I've heard guys behind Atari Legend has the largest collection of menus in the world 8O

Of course there are just rumors, I can't confirm myself ;)


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<

User avatar
Dew-It
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:31 pm
Location: USA, Iowa

Re: atarilegend's menu tab/link

Postby Dew-It » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:06 am

carmel_andrews wrote:there is an option on the main atarilegend's website that's called 'menus'

I noticed that it's not linking anywhere...is this intentional

will it be linknig anywhere in the future (i.e) covering all the pirate boot menu's available or will it just provide links to websites/ftp sites that cover these menu disks


I noticed the link as well and it does'nt take me to the menu's. Very disappointing. :( such is life

User avatar
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:31 pm
Location: Cardiff, South Wales

Re: atarilegend's menu tab/link

Postby aktiv8 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:18 am

Dew-It wrote:I noticed the link as well and it does'nt take me to the menu's. Very disappointing. :( such is life


As Mug said - Patience my friend...

If we all think about the work that will go/is going into such a feat (and not to mention hosting space and bandwidth of course) then this is a big tast for an excellent, 100% working set of disks :)
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<

User avatar
Dew-It
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:31 pm
Location: USA, Iowa

Re: atarilegend's menu tab/link

Postby Dew-It » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:11 am

aktiv8 wrote:
Dew-It wrote:I noticed the link as well and it does'nt take me to the menu's. Very disappointing. :( such is life


As Mug said - Patience my friend...

If we all think about the work that will go/is going into such a feat (and not to mention hosting space and bandwidth of course) then this is a big tast for an excellent, 100% working set of disks :)


My bad, your right. :oops: Little Green Desktop has alot of Menu disks, richard aquired them on ebay. A very nice collection of menu disks there.

User avatar
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:31 pm
Location: Cardiff, South Wales

Re: atarilegend's menu tab/link

Postby aktiv8 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:51 am

Dew-It wrote:My bad, your right. :oops: Little Green Desktop has alot of Menu disks, richard aquired them on ebay. A very nice collection of menu disks there.


Indeed there is a fantastic collection of disks there if you;re reffering to the ones on http://megafile.atari.st/ etc....

I think many of us probably started our atari emulation "life" armed with pacifist and the excellent menu collections from Darren Birks and Rich @ LGD too
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<

User avatar
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:03 pm
Location: somewhere in time

Re: atarilegend's menu tab/link

Postby cb » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:09 am

aktiv8 wrote:I think many of us probably started our atari emulation "life" armed with pacifist and the excellent menu collections from Darren Birks and Rich @ LGD too


That brings back memories! :) Also, anybody remember the Gravity website? 8)
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
Image

User avatar
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:31 pm
Location: Cardiff, South Wales

Re: atarilegend's menu tab/link

Postby aktiv8 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:31 am

cb wrote:
aktiv8 wrote:
That brings back memories! :) Also, anybody remember the Gravity website? 8)


I remember the gravity site... Just been looking to see if I could find it on teh "Way Back Machine" internet archive - but alas I failed (not that I tried that hard lol)

Anyone else remember sites such as "Demonburps" (hosted in ireland iirc) and indeed even Mouse Masters Geocities page with Automation menus etc
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<

User avatar
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:16 am
Location: France
Contact:

Postby Brume » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:22 pm

I don't remember Gravity very well (who was the webmaster?). But Demonburps brings me some very good souvenirs :D

Speaking about menus, I also remember old FOFT website (which is still available but the Atari section is dead since many years).

User avatar
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:03 pm
Location: somewhere in time

Postby cb » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Demonburps rings a bell, but nothing more... :?
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
Image

User avatar
unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1961
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Margate, Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: atarilegend's menu tab/link

Postby unseenmenace » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:50 pm

cb wrote:anybody remember the Gravity website? 8)

I used to get almost all my disk images from there and missed it sorely when it went :(
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

User avatar
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:37 pm
Location: Northwest England.

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Would be something to host ALL the available menus on one site :o
Allah praise whoever is willing to provide this...
Although planetemu already host most of them, there is no database as such like the games database in AL and LGD, if this is what is planned for the menus at AL then I look forward to seeing it even though I am not mad on menus....

User avatar
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:03 pm
Location: somewhere in time

Postby cb » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:49 pm

RetroGamerUK wrote:Would be something to host ALL the available menus on one site :o


... and some previously unavailable menus too! :wink:
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
Image

User avatar
carmel_andrews
Atari maniac
Atari maniac
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:12 pm

Postby carmel_andrews » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:39 pm

I think some of the w/s's you mentioned are only torrent links only

no good if your using D/U and flashget

I have manged to get onto pigwa.net ftp thing and they have axelf's 6 file collection (each file is 650 meg+)

nice that you can copy the link over to flashget, although i haven't downloaded anything yet


Social Media

     

Return to “Atari Legend Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest