STOSSER

STOS-related stuff in here please

Moderators: exxos, simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

AtariSince1989
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: STOSSER

Postby AtariSince1989 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:56 pm

stosser wrote:I had a STOS tutorial published in ST Format 4 pages over two issues.. Also STOSSER diskzine included tutorials on different aspects of stos programming in every issue.

Ah, maybe from ST Format then. One of my mates used to buy all the issues (I was poor by then) and let me have them for a week or two.
- Atari 520 STe 4MB RAM + TOS 2.06 + UltraSatan
- Atari Falcon030 14MB RAM + TOS 4.04 + IDE-SD card HDD + NVRAM mod + SCSI buffer clock mod + EtherNEC
- Amstrad CPC 6128 + HxC USB Floppy Emulator
- Acorn A3010 4MB RAM + 40MB IDE HDD

Atari ST Essential software (The List)
My FTP Server: http://www.datavase.info/FTPserver (only from Midnight to 8am UK Time)
My music at http://soundcloud.com/datavase/

stosser
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby stosser » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi phil :) Yeagh I think he is over the worse of it now.. I am not involved anymore as such but speak to him regular..shows me his new website and i critique.. thats as far as it goes

I didn't buy st format.. i used to read it in john menzies :)

sharpy2010
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sharpy2010 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:03 am

Mug UK wrote:
sharpy2010 wrote:Just realised my posts now appear instantly when I click Submit. I must have been moved from the authorisation needed section into the "nah you're alright" section.

Cheers!!!!

Once you've posted 3 times and all are approved, you're considered a valid member and not a spammer trying to sell us handbags, trainers, World of Yawncraft level-up programs etc. etc. Welcome aboard :)

Right, now I've been approved:: !!!! I've got 6 world of warcraft account things, who wants to buy, first one to post me £14 can have them all!!!!!!

Lol I don't even know what World of Warcraft is actually, other than its a game of some sort. I bet the stuff we used to do on the ST is better than that ;-)

Deano I stopped off in Singapore on my way to Australia once, didn't get to leave the airport though which was a bit of a shame! I got married back in 1999 but it didn't work out and I'm single at the mo and having a great time :-)

Does anyone on here actually still own and use an ST?

stosser
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby stosser » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:14 am

sharpy2010 wrote:Does anyone on here actually still own and use an ST?

Nope :( I lent mine to a close family member in another town to use... when i asked about it they looked puzzled and said they couldnt remember what had happend to it and didnt think i had wanted it back as i had other computers better ones.. sigh :( My ST was a big part of my life and I would have kept it... probbaly collecting dust but kept anyways...

sharpy2010
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sharpy2010 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:02 am

stosser wrote:

Nope :( I lent mine to a close family member in another town to use... when i asked about it they looked puzzled and said they couldnt remember what had happend to it and didnt think i had wanted it back as i had other computers better ones.. sigh :( My ST was a big part of my life and I would have kept it... probbaly collecting dust but kept anyways...

Its a shame really, something which was such a big part of our lives for a long while, and now we have no idea where they are! Mine could be in my parents house. It could also be at my ex wife's house (although if it is, I suspect its been thrown away). It could also be here in my house somewhere. I have absolutely no idea at all. I know it was getting old even when I had just finished using it, which was probably about 13 or so years ago.

Would it even work today, who knows!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:37 am

Lots of people do .. UltraSatan has breathed new life into it :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

stosser
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby stosser » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:40 pm

I did ebay to see how much used one where going for.. this was a few yrs ago. I thought to tinker about again in my spare time.. Didnt happen and now I ahvent got the time :(

deano10
Atariator
Atariator

Postby deano10 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 pm

I sold my Atari years ago with all disks. However I wish I had backed up all my Stos code. I did upload all the software I wrote to my website except for the last game "Thinker". I don't know why I didn't keep Thinker because it was a good game. I took it over from Stosser Software and put it all together.

Still, ST or no ST - I use Steem which is a great emulator and I see no reason why we can't use that to keep the Atari Scene going. I know Stos and compiler ran under it.
Deano - Silly Software

STEdawg
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby STEdawg » Wed May 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Is there a downloadable archive of the Stosser back issues available online anywhere? :)

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Thu May 05, 2011 4:30 pm

STEdawg wrote:Is there a downloadable archive of the Stosser back issues available online anywhere? :)

Have you tried No Fragments? http://no-fragments.atari.org/browser/index.php?dir=no_fragments_10%2FMAGS%2FSTOSSER%2F
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Jabber: simonsunnyboy@atari-jabber.org

STEdawg
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby STEdawg » Thu May 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Damn you're good. Thanks for the help & link. :D :cheers:

MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby MiggyMog » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Bullis uploaded a link to a hard drive friendly archive from Tony Greenwood before:-

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11530&hilit=tony&start=50
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.

SilverSaloon
Atarian
Atarian

Postby SilverSaloon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi

I found this thread after doing a google for Stosser. Dont know if anyone would remember me but i used to run 'DPPD' PD library and did a disc magazine called ST CONTACT for a while. I used to be heavily into STOS. I read about Keefy some years ago, such a shame and I used to swap discs with him for a couple of years.... also would be good to hear what James L Matthews is up to nowadays.

I sold my STs and all the software many years ago (must be about 15 years ago now) at a car boot sale :( I'm still game programming and work on a very popular driving/action game franchise for last 10 years.

cheers

Derek

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby bullis1 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi Derek!

Sorry for the late reply here but welcome to the board! I hope you come back to chat. It sounds like you must have some interesting stories about both the ST/STOS/PD scenes and the games industry. Your post just got lost in this tiny section of the forum I think.
Member of the Atari Legend team

exxos
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby exxos » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:49 pm

STEdawg wrote:Is there a downloadable archive of the Stosser back issues available online anywhere? :)

I think everyone is forgetting the stos website..

http://stos.atari.st/dload_mag.htm

Not been updated for along time (like 'with what' right?) Though it is supposed to be the "home site" of "all things stos".

sinbad
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby sinbad » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:55 am

Happy Memories !

Social Media

Return to “STOS”