STOSSER

STOS-related stuff in here please

Moderators: exxos, simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

exxos
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

STOSSER

Postby exxos » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:55 am

Where actually did all the STOSSER crew vanish too ?
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - various clutter

http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm Latest Steem Emulator

philyoung
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: STOSSER

Postby philyoung » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:56 am

exxos wrote:Where actually did all the STOSSER crew vanish too ?

STOSSER crew? is that Tony Greenwood?

Tony Greenwood is still around on the net.
I believe he's involved with Cyberstrider web hosting.

I did get in contact with him a few years ago.

Phil

philyoung
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby philyoung » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:10 pm

philyoung wrote:
exxos wrote:Where actually did all the STOSSER crew vanish too ?

STOSSER crew? is that Tony Greenwood?

Tony Greenwood is still around on the net.
I believe he's involved with Cyberstrider web hosting.

I did get in contact with him a few years ago.

Phil

Just noticed that Tony is a member of these forums!

Hi Tony if you're reading this!

Phil

Nev (Orbital Software)
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Nev (Orbital Software) » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:54 pm

EZ People. I'm Nev of Orbital Software(dead) if any of ya remember me?

8)

:wink:

Peace...
-=0rB17@l 50f7w@R3=-

Nev (Orbital Software)

Postby Nev (Orbital Software) » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:59 pm

I was snail mailing loads of the stos crews & poo, but my postie was on the rob for a long time and most of my post kept going missing, in the end i'd lost touch with most people, and the fact that the scene was just dying really bad, it seems more popular now than back in 96', dunno why that is?

I've got loads of wicked memories of the Stos crew/Stosser/etc and the coding was excellent, but I was also getting into .MOD composing and pretty much game up coding for music, now I produce Oldskool Hardcore Rave & Jungle/D&B, but I miss the crews and vibes, hence i've joined up here.

Anyways, Bigups to any of you lot who I knew. You know the score.

:D:D:D

Peace...
-=0rB17@l 50f7w@R3=-

sinbad
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby sinbad » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:37 pm

Happy memories!!!

Greetings to all - I wonder if Stosser & Deano remember me?!

;)

RIP Extra Extension 3.26 - I just downloaded it from some site! I wrote a better manual than most pro's ! ;)

exxos
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby exxos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:51 pm

I kept in touch with Deano for a while when I tried to do the last few issues of STOSSER, but Last I heard he was having a tough time with work and sold all his Atari stuff, this was some years ago now!

SkylineDave
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SkylineDave » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:06 pm

this may be a sensitive subject, but is Keefy still with us? i know he had cancer at the time STOSSER was being written and didnt let it stop his contribution or enthusiasm
AKA Megadaz / Black Eagle --- STOS, Dungeon Master and Captive fan!

Proud member of the GameBaseST team.
Founder of the one-man DemoBaseST team!

exxos
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby exxos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:41 pm

ahh, Keffy, didnt know that, I know a few ppl vanished.....

deano10
Atariator
Atariator

Postby deano10 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi All

Deano here. Hi Nev, I certainly remember you. Sinbad? You'll have to jog my memory.

At present I am into the Internet Marketing and Website Design scene but I still hold on to my precious Stosser memories. I was thinking of putting together a Stos/Stosser tribute page but that will have to wait till I get time :)

I use the Steem Atari ST emulator a lot. Played Crime City on that and completed it :)

I plan to get back onto the game scene and write some (decent) games this time :) I miss the fun of churning out a new game :)

Later,

Dean (Dean Sharples)
Deano - Silly Software

sharpy2010
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sharpy2010 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:46 am

Alright fella's :-)

Its Chris (Sharp) from Supreme Software (now obviously a dead company lol!) here...

Nice to be back and see loads of people who I used to know from wayyyy back :-))

However I'm seriously doubting anyone remembers me lol!!

Sharpy

deano10
Atariator
Atariator

Postby deano10 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi Chris,

Yeah I remember you. Nice to hear from you again.

So what are you up to?
Deano - Silly Software

sharpy2010
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sharpy2010 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 am

Hiya Deano,

I of course remember you too, you were one of my most regular contacts!!

Have done no coding for absolutely years now, I guess I'd be a bit out of touch with it all... A mate came round to see my old games the other day and he quite liked them, but I've no intention of ever getting back into programming computers again.

Are you still doing any programming?

I've been looking for a way to contact James L Mathews from Power PD/Diskmag, as we lost contact many years ago... Would be nice to see what he's up to these days too :-)

Cheers,

Chris

stosser
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby stosser » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh dear oh dear do i feel Old.. Tony Greenwood here :)

Firt off sad news.. keefy who was a very good friend and came up from coventry to stop over many times has sadly died.. he was very young.. He did NOT die of cancer.. he was involved with cancer charities because of someone he knew...He died under very odd conditions .. went to bed one night.. never woke up. Doctors say a BEE stung him during the night on his neck and the reaction killed him.. This is a few years ago but .. still upsetting to know someone so young could die like that.. Wife Kerry and children left :(

After STOSSER Software I went on to do a heck of a lot of programming.. I joined a games company working online (Owner of company wrote R-TYPE for atari)and that led me to databases.. Denesh Bhabutta who many will know from cyberstrider took me on as a programmer and remains a good friend to this date.. After many yrs of programming I simply burnt out.. just couldnt do it anymore.. sat staring at a computer screen.. It just became a job I hated instead of a job I loved..

I am now a full time freelance sports photographer :)

Lots of Atari friends I ahvent seen in many years.. Deano probably the last one.. how are ya fella? And sinbad is Martin Cubitt.. never met in person but we must have conversed over hundreds of letters and disks before the internet took off :)

Nice to discover this thread which I notice is only a couple of weeks since last post..

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Martin C is on my FB list and moved to Oz last year.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

stosser
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby stosser » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:47 pm

Mug UK wrote:Martin C is on my FB list and moved to Oz last year.

Wow.. cheers for that.. I know he got married.. presume went with her?

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:48 pm

stosser wrote:
Mug UK wrote:Martin C is on my FB list and moved to Oz last year.

Wow.. cheers for that.. I know he got married.. presume went with her?

No idea .. added him a while back and talk Atari stuff from time to time when the time difference allows.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

deano10
Atariator
Atariator

Postby deano10 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:00 am

Hi, Deano back again.

First off, Hi Tony. Nice to see you here. It has been quite a while. I am married now to Intan who is from Singapore. I am currently in Singapore now. I am into programming websites and I have put some of the old Silly Software games on line at http://www.deanoworld.com

I got a shock when I read about Keefy. I remember meeting him a few times. I do feel quite sad now, he was very young.

Amazing what you can find out, I heard not so long ago that the famous Kirsten who appeared in Stosser Mag didn't actually exist and she was actually a male friend of Andy Cato's.

Later,

Deano
Deano - Silly Software

sharpy2010
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sharpy2010 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:02 am

Hi again all!

Very sorry to hear about Keefy, he was on my "swapping list" for a good while, and we conversed a fair bit... Like most of us did eventually, Keefy and I lost touch, but its still sad to hear about what happened.

Congrats Deano and Intan! How long have you been married? Living in Singapore or holidaying there? I'm guessing you met her whilst on a holiday?

Hi also to Tony Greenwood, and Stosser Magazine! I still have copies of stosser to this day, and once every blue moon I load them up on an ST Emulator (Long since got rid of the real thing!) and still really enjoy watching the demo's, reading the articles, and reminiscing about good times!

And... ARGH! Why does this site take about 3 days to put my posts online? Am I being manually authorised every time I post? lol!

Cheers everyone!

Sharps (Chris)

sharpy2010
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sharpy2010 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:03 am

Just realised my posts now appear instantly when I click Submit. I must have been moved from the authorisation needed section into the "nah you're alright" section.

Cheers!!!!

deano10
Atariator
Atariator

Postby deano10 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:14 am

Hi Chris,

I've been married for 5 years now and we are still living in Rochdale, UK. We come to Singapore once a year for 3 weeks. We met on the Internet and got married in Singapore.

Got a download link for old stosser mags? I did have one but was so long ago.
Last edited by deano10 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deano - Silly Software

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:47 am

sharpy2010 wrote:Just realised my posts now appear instantly when I click Submit. I must have been moved from the authorisation needed section into the "nah you're alright" section.

Cheers!!!!

Once you've posted 3 times and all are approved, you're considered a valid member and not a spammer trying to sell us handbags, trainers, World of Yawncraft level-up programs etc. etc. Welcome aboard :)

AtariSince1989
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby AtariSince1989 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 pm

deano10 wrote:Hi All

Deano here.

Never been into STOS too much, but did you not write a tutorial or something similar for STOS? I think your name rings a bell on my mind, about getting a tutorial from somebody looooong time ago.
- Atari 520 STe 4MB RAM + TOS 2.06 + UltraSatan
- Atari Falcon030 14MB RAM + TOS 4.04 + IDE-SD card HDD + NVRAM mod + SCSI buffer clock mod + EtherNEC
- Amstrad CPC 6128 + HxC USB Floppy Emulator
- Acorn A3010 4MB RAM + 40MB IDE HDD

Atari ST Essential software (The List)
My FTP Server: http://www.datavase.info/FTPserver (only from Midnight to 8am UK Time)
My music at http://soundcloud.com/datavase/

stosser
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby stosser » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:52 pm

I had a STOS tutorial published in ST Format 4 pages over two issues.. Also STOSSER diskzine included tutorials on different aspects of stos programming in every issue.

philyoung
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby philyoung » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Tony,

Nice to see you're still around!

I spoke to Denesh a few months back when Cyberstrider were having "problems" and we got talking about the Atari days and your name came up.

I'm moving house soon and came across a load of STOSSER diskmags on floppy.
I used to download them at collage on the only PC with internet access (9600 baud modem!) directly to a floppy as the hard disk was full! Used to take ages but was worth the wait!

Glad things are going well for you.

Phil

Social Media

Return to “STOS”