C and PASCAL (or any other high-level languages) in here please

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Manoli
Atarian
Atarian

Laser C with TOS 2.06?

Postby Manoli » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 am

Hello guys,

I have problem with Laser C Update to version 2.0 it doesn’t like to run on TOS 2.06 it says I have to use PATCH.PRG but I have no idea where I can get it from? Thanks in advance for any tips, have great day, bye...

P.S. Does anyone have comparison Laser C vs Lattice C (which works nicely with no problems)? I have read Laser C suppose to be 5x faster, unfortunately cannot confirm. So does really worth Laser C this afford for being so much better?

Arne
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Laser C with TOS 2.06?

Postby Arne » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am

Manoli wrote:I have read Laser C suppose to be 5x faster, unfortunately cannot confirm. So does really worth Laser C this afford for being so much better?

Generated code run-time or compiler turn-around time?
Regarding https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.atari.st/iDAnvcoD0Vc there should be a PATCH.PRG on one of the 5 Laser C disks. But I cannot find it on the 5 STX images I got.
At least I could start the GUI shell LASER.C in Steem (TOS 2.06).
Personally I prefer Pure C due to the source level debugger.

bjjones37
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby bjjones37 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:26 pm

In order to work with TOS 1.04, the patch program was inadequate so Megamax released version 2.1 of Laser C. I am not aware of any way to support TOS 2.06.
Courtesy is not an option.

Manoli
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Manoli » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Thank you guys for info, as it seems like Laser or Megamax C is not supported these days very well, and it’s not easy to find complete installations anywhere I’ll just stick to the Lattice C 5.6 which works fine.

Have good day everyone!

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi!

I found on my archive Laser C 2.1 and bunch of Megamax C installations, so you can try if is work with you:-)
You have to look yourself inside the archive, unfortunately I'm not a C programmer.
Laser C 2.1 is update, but in Laser C ZIP file you can find (I think) all you need to update + lot of util etc...

Enjoy !

Cheers! :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Social Media

Return to “C / PASCAL etc.”