C and PASCAL (or any other high-level languages) in here please

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

morpa
Atarian
Atarian

Aegis Animator

Postby morpa » Mon May 07, 2018 6:56 am

Hi,
I was in contact with Jim Kent, who sent me the source code of Aegis Animator, and said it could be released under MIT. However, before that it needs to be buildable. Is anyone here in this forum interested in helping me out (and have the skills)? I know nothing about Atari ST development.

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Aegis Animator

Postby ThorstenOtto » Mon May 07, 2018 11:26 am

IIRC that was originally ported from Amiga? I could help with the Atari version, but i don't know much about Amiga.

morpa
Atarian
Atarian

Postby morpa » Mon May 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Yes, the first version was for the Amiga, this It is the Atari-version, I already had one Amiga-expertprogrammer look at the code. I'll PM you.

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby ThorstenOtto » Tue May 08, 2018 7:26 am

PM might not work (yet), see viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16575

morpa
Atarian
Atarian

Postby morpa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Finally, I have gotten back to this. You should have it in your email now. I really hope it is buildable.

penguin
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby penguin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:14 am

If you have contact with Jim, can you also ask him about Munch? It was a snake-like game released via German magazine ST-Magazin. The cover disk hasn't been located yet and afaik it wasn't released elsewhere.
AtariUpToDate - Atari ST/TT/Falcon software database and version tracker: http://www.atariuptodate.de
st-computer magazine - http://st-computer.atariuptodate.de/

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby ThorstenOtto » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:53 am

Update: with a few bits filled out, the source could be build, and morpa has made it available here. Some information about the history can be found here.

You will need Megamax to compile it, but a pre-compiled program is also available in the release directory. Feel free to try it out! Although the main purpose of his project is to preserve the source, some smaller bug-fixes here and there can surely be made (and maybe i've overlooked something).

Note that, unlike the ancient version 2.07, this version does not have a gem menubar anymore, and you have to pull down the menu in an amiga-like fashion by moving the mouse to the top of the screen and right-clicking on it. Also note that the program still only runs in ST-low resolution.

Also it seems that the source is Atari *only*. Some ifdef's for Amiga are there, but some other parts seem to be lost. Maybe some amiga user can fill in the missing bits.

If you know some existing animations that were made by it it would also be nice if they could be added to the archive.

Social Media

Return to “C / PASCAL etc.”