using QtCreator as cross development IDE

C and PASCAL (or any other high-level languages) in here please

Moderators: exxos, simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

using QtCreator as cross development IDE

Postby mfro » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:01 am

I guess I have finaly found my preferred IDE for Atari cross development on the PC: Qt Creator.

It's pretty easy to adapt it to m68k-atari-mint Makefile-driven projects, it supports proper syntax highlighting, code completion, VCS integration, refactoring and context help. I even managed to convert a (slightly modified) toshyp download into a .qch help file:

screenshot.png

Here I positioned the cursor on the rsrc_gaddr() symbol in the source editor window and hit F1 which popped up the help window with the toshyp documentation of that function.

With a proper project and Makefile definition, you just need to press Ctrl-B to build your project and Ctrl-R to fire up hatari with your program autostarting.

Atari cross development was never easier.

Most of my projects on Atariforge already contain proper QtCreator integration (but still can be compiled "traditionally" from a shell prompt). I can upload toshyp.qch (the help file for QtCreator) if anybody wants it. It should work on all platforms that QtCreator supports (Linux and Mac OS X tested).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chouimat
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: using QtCreator as cross development IDE

Postby chouimat » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi,
is it possible for you to upload your qch file?

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:58 am

chouimat wrote:Hi,
is it possible for you to upload your qch file?

Sure.

toshyp.qch.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chouimat
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby chouimat » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:50 pm

thanks

rpineau
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby rpineau » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:18 pm

May you could write a quick howto showing how to setup cross-mint in QtCreator (I just installed QtCreator 3.5.1 and Qt 5.5 on my Mac) ?
Also in QtCreator 3.5.1 the help lookup doesn't see to work (selected a function, hit F1... no help found, by the qch is loaded as it's in the list of available help contents).
Falcon + AB040 + Eclipse PCI + ATI Rage VGA card + NE2000 Ethernec + HxC Floppy Emulator
MegaSTE 4MB + CosmosEx / 1040 STF for hardware dev
http://www.rti-zone.org/atari.php

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:53 pm

rpineau wrote:May you could write a quick howto showing how to setup cross-mint in QtCreator (I just installed QtCreator 3.5.1 and Qt 5.5 on my Mac) ?
Also in QtCreator 3.5.1 the help lookup doesn't see to work (selected a function, hit F1... no help found, by the qch is loaded as it's in the list of available help contents).

It's probably easiest to download libcmini from Atariforge and look into one of its example programs like bench.prg to see how the Makefile needs to be set up.

Open the help file first in the general help (icon on the left), then F1 help will work as well.

rpineau
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby rpineau » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:23 pm

Good point. I'll try that.
Falcon + AB040 + Eclipse PCI + ATI Rage VGA card + NE2000 Ethernec + HxC Floppy Emulator
MegaSTE 4MB + CosmosEx / 1040 STF for hardware dev
http://www.rti-zone.org/atari.php

Social Media

Return to “C / PASCAL etc.”