Project announcement: libcmini

C and PASCAL (or any other high-level languages) in here please

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Project announcement: libcmini

Postby mfro » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:15 am

wongck wrote:Thank you for the excellent small lib.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge on Github, but these are sources and there is no ready to use Lib.
Is that true or am I looking at the wrong place?

Thank you for your interest in libcmini.
Yes. Currently, there is no binary distribution available. I'm still working on it.

There is an automated build process on each check-in using travis-ci already (stolen from EmuTOS), but I don't have a good concept distributing the result yet, need to figure out all that github stuff myself first. Until then, it's just a matter of three commands to build it:

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/mfro0/libcmini
cd libcmini
make

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby ThorstenOtto » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 am

mfro wrote:but I don't have a good concept distributing the result yet, need to figure out all that github stuff myself first.

Basically, you have three choices
  1. deploy it to a separate host. This is done e.g. in the EmuTOS repo (deploying to the old SF repo), and in Aranym (deploying to bintray).
  2. deploy it to a different repo, using the same account on github. This is what freemint currently does, but since this it is just another git repo, this will be just a new commit, and the repo will constantly grow even if you delete old images before committing.
  3. deploy it to a separate branch in the same repo. This is what I'm currently doing in my RscView repo (https://github.com/th-otto/rscview). The builds branch there only contains the binaries, not the sources from master. But you have to be careful with the travis settings, otherwise any commit to that branch will trigger another build, resulting in an endless build loop.

Feel free to ask any questions if you need help with this.

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:43 am

ThorstenOtto wrote:
mfro wrote:but I don't have a good concept distributing the result yet, need to figure out all that github stuff myself first.

Basically, you have three choices

Thank you. Actually, I'm aiming for the fourth one ;).

Not really different from what you suggest, but since github appears to create a source archive on release anyway, I'm trying to stuff my binary release in there as well (seems to be the natural choice for a library anyway).
I just need to find a good way to do this.

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby ThorstenOtto » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:02 am

mfro wrote:I just need to find a good way to do this.

If you find one, let me know ;) I've already tried this, and it does not seem to be possible, because you don't have direct access to the directories where the repo is stored on the server. And the source archives that appear there are only build when you create a tag, something that you most likely don't want to do for automatic builds.

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:21 pm

ThorstenOtto wrote:
mfro wrote:I just need to find a good way to do this.

If you find one, let me know ;) I've already tried this, and it does not seem to be possible, because you don't have direct access to the directories where the repo is stored on the server. And the source archives that appear there are only build when you create a tag, something that you most likely don't want to do for automatic builds.

This appears to work now as I wanted it. Whenever I do a tagged commit (release), the installation files get deployed into the corresponding github release.

Repository growth avoided, target achieved ;)

Binary files can be found here: https://github.com/mfro0/libcmini/releases

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:42 pm

mfro wrote:Binary files can be found here: https://github.com/mfro0/libcmini/releases

WOW... that's quick.
Great stuff !!! Thanks !!!
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby ThorstenOtto » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:20 am

mfro wrote:Whenever I do a tagged commit (release), the installation files get deployed into the corresponding github release.

Yes, this was the problem i encountered. You can use it for releases, but not for snapshot builds like eg. used in Freemint or Aranym.

But grats that you found a quick solution for your case ;)

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:37 pm

ThorstenOtto wrote:... You can use it for releases, but not for snapshot builds like eg. used in Freemint or Aranym ...

Maybe that's (one of) the reason(s) we didn't see a new release for both since years? :D

Seriously, for a library project like libcmini, this process seems ideal to me. You'll need to dig out your compiler to do something useful with it anyway, so there isn't much extra effort if you want to update between releases.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 am

Btw if you would like your SVN tree, just let me know -- I have a dump of all AtariForge SVN repos.

LuigiThirty
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby LuigiThirty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:03 am

Awesome!

Social Media

Return to “C / PASCAL etc.”