C and PASCAL (or any other high-level languages) in here please

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Manoli
Atarian
Atarian

Lattice C how to make TOS app?

Postby Manoli » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Hello guys,

I have little stupid question. When I make my project in Lattice 5.6 it always gives me TTP app as result. Is there a way to make TOS app by default (when I don’t need to pass any args in I don’t need that TTP). Thanks in advance for info, have good evening, bye.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: Lattice C how to make TOS app?

Postby charles » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:15 am

do u just rename your
xxx.tos
to
xxx.prg or xxx.app ?
you've prob tried this already , correct?
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

AdamK
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AdamK » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:14 am

From TOS point of view there is no diffrence between binary forms of TOS. TTP, APP or PRG, so renaming is just enough.
Atari: FireBee, Falcon030 + CT60e + SuperVidel + SvEthlana, TT, 520ST + 4MB ST RAM + 8MB TT RAM + CosmosEx + SC1435, 1040STFM + UltraSatan + SM124, 1040STE 4MB ST RAM + 8MB TT RAM + CosmosEx + NetUSBee + SM144 + SC1224, 65XE + U1MB + VBXE + SIDE2, Jaguar, Lynx II, 2 x Portfolio (HPC-006)

Adam Klobukowski [adamklobukowski@gmail.com]

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:41 am

I actually see the question as where in the Lattice C Make file to change so that it does not produce a TTP file.
I have never used Lattice C, so I don't know.
In Pure C, you just change the program name from xxx.TTP to xxx.TOS in the PRJ file. May be similar.

do u just rename your
xxx.tos
to
xxx.prg or xxx.app ?
you've prob tried this already , correct?

But if it the question is just stopping the desktop from asking for parameters at each execution, just rename the TTP to TOS.
BTW, the above example does not ask for any parameters.

The desktop will react differently when a PRG/APP or a TOS/TPP programs is executed.
With TOS/TTP, the entire screen will be white when it runs, while PRG/APP you get a green background. :D
So behaviour is different. Thus renaming it to PRG/APP may not be so correct.
Last edited by wongck on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:49 am

wongck is probably right here, look into your project file, I'm sure you'll find a TTP file extension specified there.

Manoli
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Manoli » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:22 am

Thank you guys for tips, of course I tried renaming my app and it works, I was just didn’t want to do it every time I remake my project for testing, because it always produces new *.TTP and leaves old version of renamed *.TOS which I have to delete than rename the current version of TTP, that’s a bit o hassle.

I didn’t look into PRJ file, I’ve just used Default one, so absolutely I will give it a try, thanks for this.

Manoli
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Manoli » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 am

So I've tried to make my own PRJ file instead of using Default one and it works, of course I can set name of output file for *.TOS that's alright now, but...

...even though it's TOS application specified in project file and there is no parameter expected in main() function, Lattice C still gives me that kind of 'shell' dialog box before executing my app.

Screenshot from 2019-09-18 08-47-50.png

Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I haven't found that anywhere in Lattice options / settings???

I'm just looking for this to speed up my work-flow, as normally when I'm done editing my C source, I just press Alt+Shift+S (to save current version), Alt+M (to make my project) and Alt+X (to execute it), and I'm looking for an outcome, instead I get this extra 'shell' dialog waiting for input, so an extra Return key is needed. I know it's not a big deal, just little annoying. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

explorer
Atariator
Atariator

Postby explorer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:44 am

Using -L option, LC build a .LNK file (pages 22 & 67 of manual). Remove the -L option.
Next, edit this .LNK file and add TO directive (page 116 of manual):
TO .TOS

EDIT: Lattice C v5 have the Project concept (Project menu). At the first entry "Edit ..." you can set the output filename.

Manoli
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Manoli » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:01 pm

explorer wrote:Using -L option, LC build a .LNK file (pages 22 & 67 of manual). Remove the -L option.
Next, edit this .LNK file and add TO directive (page 116 of manual):
TO .TOS

EDIT: Lattice C v5 have the Project concept (Project menu). At the first entry "Edit ..." you can set the output filename.

Hi there,

to be honest I'm not quite getting what you say, I have checked the manual Volume One version 5 from 1993, but haven't found about LNK file on those pages, also nothing about TO directive on page 116 (there's just something about compiler errors). I don't have any LNK file in my project, I have just *.C *.O *.PRJ and *.TOS

But thanks for suggesting anyway. Have great evening, bye.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:50 pm

EDIT: Lattice C v5 have the Project concept (Project menu). At the first entry "Edit ..." you can set the output filename
might be too exact? lol
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

Social Media

Return to “C / PASCAL etc.”