GFA BASIC V2.0 from GLENTOP - GFA Systemtechnik

GFA BASIC-related articles in here please

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

whyatmyage
Atari User
Atari User

GFA BASIC V2.0 from GLENTOP - GFA Systemtechnik

Postby whyatmyage » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 pm

I have a copy inc. manual for GFA BASIC V2.0 from GLENTOP - GFA Systemtechnik. I seem to recall I had to search this version out as it would work with my 1040STF (TOS 1.04??) where others wouldn't. It produces compliled code.

Is this the one people use?? The documentation was very limited. Is it worth making available somewhere??

:coffe:

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: GFA BASIC V2.0 from GLENTOP - GFA Systemtechnik

Postby lp » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:16 pm

GFA v2.02 was released on an ST-Format cover disk. It can be found quite easily. The compiler was never released, but it's so old it makes binaries that are not so stable. Version 3 had a whole new compiler.

Version 2.x *.bas files can be moved to version 3.x simply by saving as ASCII from the old editor and doing a merge into the newer editor and then re-saved as *.gfa. Also my updated editor will read *.bas directly.

v2.x should really be avoided. :)

However, if you have an original v2.02 disk, for archival purposes, please MSA it or such and post it.

whyatmyage
Atari User
Atari User

Postby whyatmyage » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:34 am

Here is a copy of the files on the disk. There is a revision file and you are correct it is version 2.2 I also have the manual printed on a dark red paper, to make photocopying harder I would guess.

Junk you say. Ho hum okay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:19 pm

I heard gfa once did that with the manuals to prevent copying, but I never actually seem one like that. Well you could try to sell it on ebay, I've seen GFA v2 on ebay quite a few times, but I can't say if they managed to sell it, as I don't watch the auctions conclude. Mainly the problem is that v2 was replaced by v3, v3.5, and finally v3.6. Now days the emulators can easily be configured to run v3.6. Not to mention v3.6 is much faster than v2. :)

javiero
Atariator
Atariator

Postby javiero » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:13 pm

The site http://userpages.bright.net/~gfabasic/html/gfabasic.htm is the best ref i think. I have version 3 antic with manual, the best i think, also the manual for the 3.5 this one only adds some commands for the tt computers. I think is the last official st gfa version.

Social Media

Return to “GFA BASIC”