ASM tutorial in english ?

All 680x0 related coding posts in this section please.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

mbricout
Atari freak
Atari freak

ASM tutorial in english ?

Postby mbricout » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:46 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for an ASM tutorial in English (something that starts with "hello world"). Apparently there was one on the ST Graveyard, but that site seems to be offline for now.

Thanks in advance.

Champions_2002
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Champions_2002 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:49 am

Try this site it's by Parihelion

http://postmortem.atari.org
A member of Atarimania ST & 7800 department

Perihelion

Postby Perihelion » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:54 am

And though I'm not that active anymore, please mail any problems or especially suggestions. I have lots of other hobby projects on my hand right now so I'm not making any guarentees though :roll:
I'm especially interested in whether a "hello world" person can learn anything from the tuts, the idea is that you shouldn't need any previous experience, but hey, programming is hard 8O
Last edited by Perihelion on Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Perihelion

Postby Perihelion » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:56 am

ARGH! Just as I suspected, I borke my bonds with my former ISP, the one who hosted that site. I'll be sure to get it back up soon enough (probably tonight) then I'll post the adress here so just stay tuned :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:48 am

I've got a copy of the .DOC files if you want them dumping onto my ISP as a backup Perhelion?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

mbricout
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby mbricout » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:26 am

That seems awesome! Thanks a lot.

Perihelion, I'll let you know how things go. I code in several languages (mostly c/c++), but the last time I've done anything with ASM was almost 15 years ago (some 6809 stuff), so I really need to restart from scratch.

Thanks again!

Perihelion

Postby Perihelion » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:46 pm

Hey, whaddayaknow, it was still up :)
I've got a copy of the .DOC files if you want them dumping onto my ISP as a backup Perhelion?

thanks man, not necessary really for me, but you are more than welcome to just spread them for whatever purpouse.
I'll just put them up at my new ISP in a little while to be absolutely sure. Turned out, the place where they are is my old student account, not my old ISP, so the place still works I just hit it at a wrong time and thought it was down.
ohoh, the html in that file is OLD, but accessible :)

Good luck mbricout, and do let me know what you think. They are my first tutorials and so so some feedback could always be good, though I doubt i'll make any real changes to the tutorials themselves. Perhaps some day in the future when I have more time (still plan on releasing them as a nice wholesome pdf/e-book)

Perihelion

Postby Perihelion » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:48 pm

btw, earX / fun have written some marvellous stuff (known as book 1 and 2) as well as James Ingram who wrote some more advanced stuff.
Post here if you need help to find them!

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Re: ASM tutorial in english ?

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Perihelion wrote:btw, earX / fun have written some marvellous stuff (known as book 1 and 2) as well as James Ingram who wrote some more advanced stuff.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I was looking for these earx books. I think book 2 is on the wiki at: wiki/index.php?title=Earxtutfrontpage

Can anyone point me to book 1?

*edit* I was gonna pm earx but according to his profile he hasn't visited since Jan 2011...

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ASM tutorial in english ?

Postby Zorro 2 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:17 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
Perihelion wrote:btw, earX / fun have written some marvellous stuff (known as book 1 and 2) as well as James Ingram who wrote some more advanced stuff.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I was looking for these earx books. I think book 2 is on the wiki at: wiki/index.php?title=Earxtutfrontpage

Can anyone point me to book 1?

*edit* I was gonna pm earx but according to his profile he hasn't visited since Jan 2011...

If you see the "history" of this page, you can see it was Simonsunnyboy who published all. You can contact him, it's atari-forum moderator and always here :mrgreen:
Member of NoExtra Team

Social Media

Return to “680x0”