Foxie wrote:Thanks for the help! I've been doing some debugging, I've got a new version that stands a better chance of working on the STE, but I'm still puzzled why it crashes on the Falcon:
I've found what was causing it to crash on Steem - apparently I'd accidentally left the CPU type in Devpac set to 68020, and then I used cmpi.w #...,variable(pc). I've removed the (pc) and it's working fine now.
What's puzzling me is this: I could have sworn program counter relative addressing was allowed for cmpi, even on the base 68000. Hatari also seems to think so! A couple of 68000 instruction references I've got to hand seem to suggest it's valid, so I'm puzzled. It can't be a bug in Steem because Devpac also disallows this mode on the 68000.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests