Question about patching a program.

All 680x0 related coding posts in this section please.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

kristjanga
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Question about patching a program.

Postby kristjanga » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:49 pm

So I have small question for anyone who is a decent Atari st programer.
The thing is I have a Atari STe with a TOS 2.05 icelandic language.
and recently I got some floppys and I found a copy of Icelandic version of First Word.
on that disk is also a program that gives TOS 1.?? a Icelandic character set, and a Icelandic keyboard layout,
and the keyboard layout is something I have been looking for for many years
my problem is that it does not work with TOS 2.05, when started it gives two bombs,
I think it is because my Icelandic TOS 2.05 already has the characters in it.

SO.. would it be possible to patch the program so it would only assign the keyboard layout ant not the character set?

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Question about patching a program.

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:58 pm

You need to try it first with English TOS 2.06 . In emulator. Most likely it will not work too, because there is a lot of SW not working under TOS 2.ü6/5 .
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Question about patching a program.

Postby joska » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:01 pm

kristjanga wrote:... a program that gives TOS 1.?? a Icelandic character set, and a Icelandic keyboard layout,
and the keyboard layout is something I have been looking for for many years
my problem is that it does not work with TOS 2.05, when started it gives two bombs,
I think it is because my Icelandic TOS 2.05 already has the characters in it.

So your Icelandic TOS has Icelandic characters but not an Icelandic keyboard layout? Strange :)

If you post a ROM-image of your TOS, a description of the keyboard layout and the non-working keyboard program here I'm sure someone (maybe me) can help you out.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

Social Media

Return to “680x0”