BBC menu bugs in SainT 1.99d

A forum about SainT by James Boulton and Arnaud Carré - the current version is v2.4.0.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

cpukett
Atari User
Atari User

BBC menu bugs in SainT 1.99d

Postby cpukett » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:14 pm

BBC menu 5 Forgotten Worlds:on the options screen you cannot start the game or change the options

BBC menu 10 menu graphics are a bit messed up
Wicked: when you press up and right and fire the man fires but up and left and fire he does not fire
Nightdawn: after it unpacks the game freezes up (graphics all messed up in STEem)

BBC menu 16 Nightbreed: when it says insert disk 2 it doesnt detect disk 2 (same as STEem)

BBC menu 20 Lifes a Bitch Demo: resets straight away
The Nitrowave Demo: resets after the first screen (same as STEem)

BBC menu 21 justs keeps on trying to load the menu

BBC menu 22 Turrican: when you press up and right and fire the man fires but up and left and fire he does not fire
and the game freezes up now and then when you press fire and jump

BBC menu 23 Flimbos Quest: when you press up and right and fire the man fires but up and left and fire he does not fire

BBC menu 24 justs keeps on trying to load the menu

BBC menu 25 bombs out straight away

Chris

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:19 pm

Keep up the good work ... more fuel to keep Leonard hard at work in the Saint Development fires :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Postby aktiv8 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:36 am

I echo Mugs comments - good work indeed.

One thing I will say, I don't know the source of your BBC menus, but double check them as some of the earlier image sources had bad menus etc. These have been fixed and should be what's on the AL ftp etc... If thats your source then there shouldnt be a problem...
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<

cpukett
Atari User
Atari User

Postby cpukett » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:37 pm

Thanks guys much appreciated
and yes i have come across a few bad images and let Keili know about them for TOSEC and the menus that dont work in SainT work in STEem so far

Chris

Maverick[RAM]
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: BBC menu bugs in SainT 1.99d

Postby Maverick[RAM] » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:41 pm

cpukett wrote:BBC menu 16 Nightbreed: when it says insert disk 2 it doesnt detect disk 2 (same as STEem)

Hi there!

Just a small reminder that goes for SteeM, some of the loaders for various of menues did have a bug that resulted in that the B-drive must be used if the system had two drives available, thus STeeM have that feature buildt-in there is sometimes a good idea to disable the B drive in STeeM emulator and therefore force the loader to only find one drive present, Drive A.

If this was the case on a real ST, then you just bypassed the problem by turning off the drive B. You didn't have to disconnect the floppy-cable from the Atari itself.

And some menu loaders could handle two drives just fine so that you could use both drives without any further swapping.

But you probably know of this already.

Anyhow Best Regards
/<o>\
< x >
|_o_|

SYOTN - See You On The Net

Social Media

Return to “SainT”