A fullscreen that doesn't work on SainT

A forum about SainT by James Boulton and Arnaud Carré - the current version is v2.4.0.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

A fullscreen that doesn't work on SainT

Postby unseenmenace » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:31 pm

I don't know if you knew this already but I just discovered a fullscreen screen that doesn't work at all on SainT. The screen is "The Best Part Of Creation" from "Punish Your Machine" by the Delta Force. I'm guessing the problem is simply that you haven't looked into fullscreen code in medium resolution since most games and demo's are exclusively low res.
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

leonard

Postby leonard » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:13 pm

Oh thanks for that !

I just debug it and I find the problem. That screen use a "self upper border" test method before the show. The way it check upper border didn't work with SainT. I just fixed my video register read routine, and it works !

That screen will work in the next SainT release !
Leonard/OXYGENE.

Gunstick
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Gunstick » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:51 am

leonard wrote:Oh thanks for that !

I just debug it and I find the problem. That screen use a "self upper border" test method before the show. The way it check upper border didn't work with SainT. I just fixed my video register read routine, and it works !

That screen will work in the next SainT release !

now I would like to know with what sort of upper border testing method they came up in their twisted minds?

Georges

leonard

Postby leonard » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:13 pm

now I would like to know with what sort of upper border testing method they came up in their twisted minds?

:-)

Before the screen, they just set a HBL routine to increase a counter each line. Then, they set a VBL wich set 60Hz mode, and wait the video counter to start

wait: move.b $ffff8209.w,d0
beq.s wait

then they read the HBL counter: they have the HBL line where upper border shoud be remove. After that the screen use that var. In SainT 1.99, a nasty bug make the screen begin at line 63 even if the screen is set to 60hz, so the next screen was goosed up.

Please note next SainT will be the only one to display the *complete* screen ( real 800 pixels large, you can read ALL the displayed text :-)) Look at the "Read this text" line at the bottom right of the screen I've attached to that post).
Leonard/OXYGENE.

leonard

Postby leonard » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:15 pm

hummm *fuc ?!ù* forum ! My attachement seems corrupted. Here is another try inside a ZIP file, should work better.
Leonard/OXYGENE.

Social Media

Return to “SainT”