Saint and Big fonts system.

A forum about SainT by James Boulton and Arnaud Carré - the current version is v2.4.0.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

leglod
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Saint and Big fonts system.

Postby leglod » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Hello i have probleme whit Saint any verison and fonts system at 120PPP under Windows XP !
:coffe: solution ??
Grilichili bruit de crayon sur papier.
Les dinosaures de la micro :) ... Mini-Z ...

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Saint and Big fonts system.

Postby Dal » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:05 pm

Not being particularly good with french it looks as though you are using that setting to compensate for blurring caused by setting a resolution other than a truly supported resolution for your display?

I would set that option back to 100% (rather than the current 120%) and then mess about with your resolution setting until you find the correct one for your monitor (i.e. when the on screen fonts look sharp).
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:46 pm

The crude attempt at a "scaling" system in XP never works properly and what you are seeing happens in a lot of programs including parts of Windows itself! As suggested I would switch it back to 100%, set the screen res to whatever works best for you and then if you want to change anything specific use the Advanced button in the Appearance tab of the Display Properties dialogue to tweak individual settings.
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

jokker
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby jokker » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:22 pm

I recently tried this in Windows 7 and it too has this problem regardless of the DPI scaling settings.

I tried a util called ResizeEnable that will let you resize fixed windows via a hack. It doesn't quite work but it does let you see the full screen of one of the menu options but it won't let you see the rest of the options at the top.

Does the author visit this site?

Social Media

Return to “SainT”