STOT season 2 round 5. ST is high. Bolo

Take part in tournaments on your ST or Falcon computers. Feel free to play with the real machine or use an emulator. We're currently playing Son Shu Shi, which is game #18 in Season 4.

Moderators: ThorN, Moderator Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: STOT season 2 round 5. ST is high. Bolo

Postby Mug UK » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:58 pm

I've just about given up with this game .. for the life of me I cannot get it working again off my STEEM h/drive from within a folder off drive C: .. it worked the first time a few weeks ago when this round started, but it's just sitting there with a blank screen. Tried multiple TOS versions as well as memory configs - even copied the files that did work back over the top of the other version - same result. Black screen .. with nothing happening :(

Going back to Saints Row - at least my 360 is working :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Xerus

Postby Xerus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:01 am

lol kRadD ;)
You had reason, here my new score: 363 880
In fact you can make a score of 1 000 000 or more because there is a design error in the game.
The atsuce takes place at level04 with the special brick, the one who sends back you to level05 if you are too slow.
You can score to infinity (lv4-lv5-lvl4-lvl5-lv4 etc.) and win as many balls as you want. I had more than 30 balls after this level ...
Ironically i think that the person who finishs with the lowest score is the best at this game !
In short i suggest giving 8 points to everyone who finished the game because it would be fairer in my opinion or found a another solution?
muguk: i hope that you will come back for the next round :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ragstaff
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Ragstaff » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:05 am

@Mug - you can always just use this disk image in steem: ftp://ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de/pub/atari/gam ... A_323_B.ST

@Xerus - there are quite a few levels that have a "Level" block, which sends you back to the previous round ;-) Honestly, I let this happen a few times when I got 319k before I got sick of it! I think to finish it with about 240K - 250K is normal.

This is a very easy game. This is the first time I've played it for about 15 years, and I finished it first go!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Tried the Automation version too .. but will give it another shot tonight.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Xerus

Postby Xerus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Ragstaff:
Yes there are 2 or 3 levels but level 4 offers many more points than others.
I had never played before (only seen in magazine) and i needed 5 games to finish it! (and 3 games if i had played seriously :) )
So, yes, it's really a game too easy, too many lives earned but a good mouse is necessary ;)
This is the 2nd time in SOT where you can make as many points you want, the first time it was Wings of Death; it's not luck but I think this will not be the last time :)

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Bolo now ended, many thanks for participating. I promise to update the score tables while kRadD is having fun in Athens (and probably getting his ass kicked in kick off 2).
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

ThorN
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby ThorN » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Yes it's true, I got my ass kicked in Athen and scored 36 of 41 in the end. But it was a great fun, and all my 4 victories were nice ass well as most of the 11 defeats and the 2 draws.

So after organizing some Retro gaming competitons yesterday and another Kick Off training, I managed finally to put the results of this round online:

http://www.npoi.de/custom/stotDBphp/web ... 1&season=2

Many thanks to all participants, you were part of a historic competition. For the first time we honored a B/W game.

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:24 pm

Yeah, I know I promised to do it. Anyway, I have another good suggestion. Drop kick off 2 and start Speedball 2... Outline 2009 is coming :P
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

Social Media

Return to “STOT - ST Offline Tournament”