Memory snapshots

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE/Falcon emulator - the current version is v2.1.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Memory snapshots

Postby jury » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Generally memory snapshots worked fine so far. But since now when I save a snapshot I can not load it, I always get:
"This memory snapshot includes IPF data different from the ones handled in this version of Hatari" ( its 2.0.0 )
What does it mean? ( I have not been installing/compiling any Hataris in the last few months, and the snapshots saved long time ago still load just fine )

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Memory snapshots

Postby Eero Tamminen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 pm

It meas that IPF floppy disk information in the memory snapshot is incompatible with your Hatari version, so Hatari will skip restoring that data.

Most likely it's produced with a Hatari version that used an earlier version of the external IPF/Caps library.

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:11 am

Eero Tamminen wrote:Most likely it's produced with a Hatari version that used an earlier version of the external IPF/Caps library.

But the problem is not beetween different versions of Hatari. Its the same version, when I save the memory state and then right away try to load it I always get this message. So its not possible to use savestates at all :( ( and it worked last time < probably couple of months ago> when I saved and loaded snapshots )

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 pm

Ok, in that case Nicolas needs to take a look at that, I'm not myself using IPF/Caps library.

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”