Commandline --fast-forward

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

User avatar
Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:23 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Commandline --fast-forward

Postby Cyprian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:08 pm

when I start Hatari with that command line, FastForward and FrameSkip works as expected:

Code: Select all

hatari.exe --fast-forward 1 --frameskips 5


in case of that command line FastForward and FrameSkip doesn't work

Code: Select all

hatari.exe --fast-forward 1 --frameskips 5 -c ..\Hatari\cfgSTE.cfg -W


Do you have any ideas?
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

User avatar
Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Commandline --fast-forward

Postby Eero Tamminen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Is the fast forward disabled in the config file you give after the --fast-forward option?

I.e. does it work, if you give the config file as first option?

User avatar
Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:23 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Commandline --fast-forward

Postby Cyprian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Eero Tamminen wrote:Is the fast forward disabled in the config file you give after the --fast-forward option?

fast forward isn't disabled in the config file and it works when there is no other parameters in the command line.

Eero Tamminen wrote:I.e. does it work, if you give the config file as first option?

ok, that was a good hint.
I've tried a different sequences of commands and finally ended up with working one:

Code: Select all

hatari.exe --parse Profiler_App_Load.ini -c ..\Hatari\cfgSTE.cfg --fast-forward 1 --frameskips 5 -W ..\..\_Twardziel\STray01\stray.tos
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

User avatar
Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Commandline --fast-forward

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:43 am

Cyprian wrote:
Eero Tamminen wrote:Is the fast forward disabled in the config file you give after the --fast-forward option?

fast forward isn't disabled in the config file and it works when there is no other parameters in the command line.


Fast forward option can be specified on:
- command line
- configuration file
- debugger (script)
- remote API

Fast forward is affected also by frame skip option as that limits how many consecutive vsyncs can be ignored by fast-forwarding. Nothing else can affect it as can be seen from Hatari sources by grepping for "FastForward" and code around lines checking/setting that.


Cyprian wrote:
Eero Tamminen wrote:I.e. does it work, if you give the config file as first option?

ok, that was a good hint.
I've tried a different sequences of commands and finally ended up with working one:

Code: Select all

hatari.exe --parse Profiler_App_Load.ini -c ..\Hatari\cfgSTE.cfg --fast-forward 1 --frameskips 5 -W ..\..\_Twardziel\STray01\stray.tos


Does the debugger script specify anything about fast forward? Or does the debugger script or config file specify smaller frame skips value?


Social Media

     

Return to “Hatari”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest