Commandline --fast-forward

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Commandline --fast-forward

Postby Cyprian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:08 pm

when I start Hatari with that command line, FastForward and FrameSkip works as expected:

Code: Select all

hatari.exe --fast-forward 1 --frameskips 5

in case of that command line FastForward and FrameSkip doesn't work

hatari.exe --fast-forward 1 --frameskips 5 -c ..\Hatari\cfgSTE.cfg -W

Do you have any ideas?
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Commandline --fast-forward

Postby Eero Tamminen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Is the fast forward disabled in the config file you give after the --fast-forward option?

I.e. does it work, if you give the config file as first option?

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Eero Tamminen wrote:Is the fast forward disabled in the config file you give after the --fast-forward option?

fast forward isn't disabled in the config file and it works when there is no other parameters in the command line.

Eero Tamminen wrote:I.e. does it work, if you give the config file as first option?

ok, that was a good hint.
I've tried a different sequences of commands and finally ended up with working one:

hatari.exe --parse Profiler_App_Load.ini -c ..\Hatari\cfgSTE.cfg --fast-forward 1 --frameskips 5 -W ..\..\_Twardziel\STray01\stray.tos
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:43 am

Cyprian wrote:
Eero Tamminen wrote:Is the fast forward disabled in the config file you give after the --fast-forward option?

fast forward isn't disabled in the config file and it works when there is no other parameters in the command line.

Fast forward option can be specified on:
- command line
- configuration file
- debugger (script)
- remote API

Fast forward is affected also by frame skip option as that limits how many consecutive vsyncs can be ignored by fast-forwarding. Nothing else can affect it as can be seen from Hatari sources by grepping for "FastForward" and code around lines checking/setting that.

Cyprian wrote:
Eero Tamminen wrote:I.e. does it work, if you give the config file as first option?

ok, that was a good hint.
I've tried a different sequences of commands and finally ended up with working one:

hatari.exe --parse Profiler_App_Load.ini -c ..\Hatari\cfgSTE.cfg --fast-forward 1 --frameskips 5 -W ..\..\_Twardziel\STray01\stray.tos

Does the debugger script specify anything about fast forward? Or does the debugger script or config file specify smaller frame skips value?

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”